Is the ASUS P8Z68-V PRO (B3)??

HoochShepherd

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2009
I realize this boards a whopping 3 months old, and the B3 fix came back in like January or something but..> All the other Z68 boards I'm seeing all specify they are B3 compliant, except this one. Any one able to say for sure?

Solution
Right now major manufacturers don’t even offer B2 boards. Intel has pulled all the older chipset (that included the B2 chip from the market). While most of the major manufacturers are labeling their “6” series boards with a B3 to avoid any confusion with the B2 problem

Right now you wouldn’t even be able to buy a new board from a major manufacturer that isn’t a B3 board. Most of the major manufacturers are tagging their H61, H67 and P67 boards with a B3 to show the difference but Asus is doing it a little different in that they are labeling them Ver. 3.0 on their boards with those chipsets. For the Z68 which was release only a month ago they aren’t even labeling them with the Ver. 3.0 because there is no question that they are using a...

HoochShepherd

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2009
That's about what I'm assuming... But still my confusion comes from the fact that virtually all the other z68 boards clearly specify they are B3. LOL Ironically if everyone states the obvious, the one time it's not stated it ceases to be obvious.

Right now major manufacturers don’t even offer B2 boards. Intel has pulled all the older chipset (that included the B2 chip from the market). While most of the major manufacturers are labeling their “6” series boards with a B3 to avoid any confusion with the B2 problem

Right now you wouldn’t even be able to buy a new board from a major manufacturer that isn’t a B3 board. Most of the major manufacturers are tagging their H61, H67 and P67 boards with a B3 to show the difference but Asus is doing it a little different in that they are labeling them Ver. 3.0 on their boards with those chipsets. For the Z68 which was release only a month ago they aren’t even labeling them with the Ver. 3.0 because there is no question that they are using a B2 chip.

So the only why you are going to be able to get a B2 board is from someone on eBay or some reseller that has dropped off the face of the planet sometime in the last 5 months.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

Solution