Disable network access when local user logs in

I need to setup a laptop so that the user has network and Internet access
when in the office logged into the domain, but has no network access of any
kind if he tries connecting to a network outside of the office (like
connecting to his home network). I've setup cached logons to 0 and setup a
local accout on the laptop for him to log on to on the road. How do I
restrict that particular local account without affecting other local accounts
like the administrator local account? I've researched local policies and
registry settings, but can't find a solution.
3 answers Last reply
More about disable network access local user logs

    Create two hardware profiles and disable wired\wireless
    NICs/PCMCIA/modem/USB ports etc. and services in an appropriate one or
    script local out-of-office logon. Local admin can re-enable everything back.

    Thanks for the response. It's been a while since I've had to setup hardware
    profiles on a laptop, but from what I remember the user can choose which
    hardware profile to use at startup instead of automatically setting a
    hardware profile to a particular user profile. Is this different in XP, so I
    can restrict that local user account to one hardware profile? I like the idea
    of using a startup script. I'll probably look into disabling the network if
    any user besides admin logs in, but I'm interested in the hardware profile
    approach.

    "Jetro" wrote:

    > Create two hardware profiles and disable wired\wireless
    > NICs/PCMCIA/modem/USB ports etc. and services in an appropriate one or
    > script local out-of-office logon. Local admin can re-enable everything back.

    Hardware profiles work as you remember. If you disabled cached credentials
    the "Office" profile logon shouldn't work while a domain controller is
    unavailable.

Configuration Network Access Windows XP