These are the drives which are available to me in the market.
Also as Sata II 3gb/s will stop production in near future, i am sure having Sata III 6gb/s better buy... am i right or no here??
Soon i will be getting a new desktop with i5 sandy or ivy depends on my budget. At the moment i am using old refuirshed optiplex gx 620 which have supported 3gb/s without any problem.
okay to real question.
advice me which one to get and what the advantage in them. the current i am using is WD green 250 which have lasted me 3 years without too much a problem (might be getting ready to be replace but not yet ) while i have seagate once time replace i think in 2nd or 3rd year dont remember as the replacement have run 1 year and is having some issue of nosie from it when it load both being 3gb/s.
1. SEAGATE 1000GB 3.5" HDD 16MB Cache (ST-31000524AS)
2. WESTERN DIGITAL 1000GB 3.5" HDD 64MB Cache (WD10EZRX/WD10EARS)
3 WD Caviar Blue 1TB SATA WD10EALX
4. Seagate 1TB ST1000VX000
5. Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB SATA WD10EARS
6. Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB ST1500DM003
7. Western Digital Caviar Green 1.5TB SATA WD15EARX
8. Seagate Barracuda 2 TB SATA 6 GB/s NCQ 64 MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive
9. Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black Hard Drive - 1002FAEX (more price than no. 8)
these are available n in my range of purchase. so please advice.
Get the one with the most space per dollar. Save up a little money and get an ssd at least big enough to boot your operating system from or preferably enough to install your apps to as well. That's where you will see huge performance gains. Then use your current platter drive as storage
ssd is too much expenses as for now it is not worth it until it come down in price.
one of my drive is storage right now the seagate one which is making some noise but pass on speedfan by 90% nactive hard disk monitor as 57%...
and i was thinking that more space per dollar but which one will be better as so far i have really not much use more than 750gb since i mostly store only favourite movies and other stuff of mine.