dnakiller4u

Honorable
Oct 31, 2012
Hello :)
I have just bought a new SSD drive "Corsair Force 3 60GB", plugged it in but when I came to BIOS it seems that it has not recognized it and it's not detected at all..
any help? :(

dnakiller4u

Honorable
Oct 31, 2012

MSI G31M3 V2

You have an older Socket 775 motherboard that does not have SATA 3 6Gb/s capabilities. It only has SATA 2 3Gb/s capabilities. Although SATA 3 is supposed to be backward compatible with SATA 2 there are some of those older socket 775 boards that do not play nice with modern 3rd generation ssd's.

Unfortunately your motherboard is no longer in production and the MSI product page is no longer available at the MSI web site. Luckily Google is my friend. Here is a link to all the MSI downloads and updates for your motherboard:

http://www.msi.com/product/mb/G31M3-L-V2---G31M3-LS-V2.html#/?div=BIOS

There is a "download" tab that opens a drop down menu with download sections for the BIOS, drivers, and utilities. I suggest you try downloading and installing the BIOS and Intel chipset driver updates. It may or may not work.

dnakiller4u

Honorable
Oct 31, 2012

Thank you, I have updated my BIOS to the latest one (drive is still not detected), but not the chipset yet.
Will let you know as soon as I can!
Oh, and one more thing - I have just plugged my new 500GB WD Caviar Blue HDD with SATA 3, surprisingly, the drive works perfectly fine! so apparently my motherboard supports SATA 3 but not when it comes to SSD (?) :(