Sign in with
Your question

ATI Firepro 2460

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 2, 2010 10:58:51 AM

Hello,
AM thinking of getting this card and connecting to 4 32 inch LCD monitors. This card has 4 mini dp output, but my displays only has VGA input. Will any mini dp->vga convertor work?
Also, since the 4 lcd will be placed in portrait mode, id suppose this card can achieve this too?
Thanks very much!

More about : ati firepro 2460

July 2, 2010 11:03:18 AM

What's the resolution?

Likely you will need 4 active dp adapters. Passive might work on 2 if they're low res enough, but unlikely 4 even at low res.

For typical 32" res, all 4 will need to be active in any case.
m
l
July 2, 2010 11:10:28 AM

Its 1368x768 or somewhere around there. Not those high rez monitor. Also, ive got a mini dp- vga connector that i use with my macbook pro. this adaptor is so call "original Apple" adaptor , is this an active one or passive? . I connected my macbook pro with this adaptor to the 32 inch and it works, just worry the ati 2460 connector is different in someway to my laptop's dp
m
l
Related resources
July 2, 2010 5:14:27 PM

The Macbook adapters were passive, and you might be able to use it on 2 outputs with the resolution yours using you don't need active for those two, but anything more than 2 runs out of RAMDACs so you need an active adapter to add timing signals for the display, so you might be able to do 2 passive two active, but I would check with the single passive one you already have and see what happens. And if you wanna test, then you need 2 actives anyways, so get those, try them with your Mac adapter, and then get another passive if that works.
m
l
July 2, 2010 8:57:48 PM

Thanks very much. Could u gimme a link to a active ones, can't seem to find them. Appreciate all the help guys.
m
l
!