De-partition (D: ) drive and move space to (C: ) drive

nadim615

Distinguished
May 28, 2010
So I bought my laptop, and its an ASUS G55V, with a 750GB HDD. Unfortunately, it came partitioned with a (D: ) drive. I tried departioning it, and it worked. But what happened is that it just removed the space from the (D : drive, and wouldnt let me allocate it to the (C: ) drive! Not sure why... Am I doing something wrong? I'll show you what I did.

I navigated to Control Panel\System and Security\Administrative Tools, then to Computer management. I then went to disk management, and shrunk my (D: )drive as much as it would let me. Then it wouldnt let me expand my (C: ) drive! Not sure what to do. Here's some pics:

65f78b1ccf0a952f52d2567ba5ce2555.png
This shows the main drive, the partion, and the unallocated space. Now look what happens when I try to expand the (C: ) drive:

810c0ad1ebe912fbbdfd78d6d31e2cb3.png
I'm unsure of what to do.. Can anyone help me? I want all my space on my main (C: ) drive, as well it makes it easier..

Thanks for the help

vampelle

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
try minitools partition software.
first make d as unallocated. then click on c and resize it not merge as that uses space too. choose how much you want to resize it and your c will increase after applying it.
and then make a d drive