Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Graphic card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
July 2, 2010 11:50:56 AM

I have read your review of HD 5770 graphic card, which was very good and I have decided to buy one of this card. please suggest me which manufacture card I should buy.
I have PSU of 450 watt and mb of gigabyte GA-MA 78 GM s2h. So tell me also whether my PSU and Mother board will handle this card well.
Please reply quickly.

More about : graphic card

Best solution

a c 376 U Graphics card
July 2, 2010 11:58:53 AM

Unless it is quite poor a 450w PSU should handle an HD5770. As for which card to buy the main differences between the cards will be the cooler, warranty and price. The HD5770 is pretty cool and even the reference fan does the job fine so the cooler doesn't matter that much. I would decide mainly based on price.
Also there are versions of the HD5770 with 512mb of memory. They should be avoided unless you can't afford a 1gb version of the card.
Share
July 5, 2010 5:23:14 AM

Best answer selected by digvijaysingh.
Score
0
Related resources
July 8, 2010 5:45:52 AM

Thanks.

I have got the Zebronics cabinet Dew. this cabinet has one side 80 mm fan and one back 80 mm fan.
Present I am having HD 3450 graphic card in crossfire. I am facing no heat problem.

Do I continue with the same cabinet or purchase a new one, when I install new MSI 5570 twin frozer with new 500 watt PSU.

I have selected this one: http://zebronics.net/Zeb_Bijli.asp

Please advice.
Score
0
a c 376 U Graphics card
July 8, 2010 5:57:07 AM

Do you mean the MSI Hawk HD5770? The HD5570 is a different and much weaker card. I don't think either of them have a "Twin Frozr" although the cooler on the Hawk card does look very similar.
Anyway, that case should be fine. The HD5770 is actually very power efficient and low heat. Are you really using crossfired HD3450s? If so you are in for quite an upgrade as those aren't gaming cards at all.
Score
0
July 8, 2010 10:21:25 AM

jyjjy said:
Do you mean the MSI Hawk HD5770? The HD5570 is a different and much weaker card. I don't think either of them have a "Twin Frozr" although the cooler on the Hawk card does look very similar.
Anyway, that case should be fine. The HD5770 is actually very power efficient and low heat. Are you really using crossfired HD3450s? If so you are in for quite an upgrade as those aren't gaming cards at all.


Yes I meant MSI hawk HD 5770 with twin frozer. so tell me whether this cabinet which i am presently using will be ok for this card.
Score
0
a c 376 U Graphics card
July 8, 2010 7:50:21 PM

Yeah, like I said it should be fine.
The Hawk is a good card. Nice fan and it allows for overvolting for a high OC.
What kind of processor do you have in there and how much ram?
Score
0
July 9, 2010 4:33:15 AM

jyjjy said:
Yeah, like I said it should be fine.
The Hawk is a good card. Nice fan and it allows for overvolting for a high OC.
What kind of processor do you have in there and how much ram?


I have amd Phenom 550 3.1 ghz black edition and 2 gb ddr2 ram.
Score
0
a c 376 U Graphics card
July 9, 2010 4:37:05 AM

The processor is good, 2 gigs of ram is ok but 4 would be optimal.
Score
0
July 30, 2010 12:34:31 PM

jyjjy said:
The processor is good, 2 gigs of ram is ok but 4 would be optimal.


I am planning to buy new mb GA-MA 785 GM-US2H to make my 550 into quad core. will be fine mb with hd 5770.
Do u suggest some other mb with similar price range to turn 550 into quad core.

digvijay
Score
0
a c 376 U Graphics card
July 30, 2010 12:57:56 PM

The GA-MA785GM-US2H does have ACC which allows you to unlock the extra cores. It is not guaranteed to work but the odds are good, somewhere around 75%.
Score
0
August 2, 2010 8:42:57 AM

what are the dangers in unlocking process. any chance of harming cpu .
Score
0
a c 376 U Graphics card
August 2, 2010 10:31:26 AM

Nah, if they are no good then most likely the system will be unstable with them unlocked. If so then you just go back into the BIOS and lock them again
It's possible it wont be able to boot if the cores are defective. In that case I'm pretty sure the motherboard itself will relock them after a few failed boot attempts. If not then at worst you will need to reset the BIOS settings which involves taking a jumper off your motherboard then putting it back on.
Score
0
September 15, 2010 11:52:07 AM

jyjjy said:
Nah, if they are no good then most likely the system will be unstable with them unlocked. If so then you just go back into the BIOS and lock them again
It's possible it wont be able to boot if the cores are defective. In that case I'm pretty sure the motherboard itself will relock them after a few failed boot attempts. If not then at worst you will need to reset the BIOS settings which involves taking a jumper off your motherboard then putting it back on.



Dear friend,
Please tell that whether this graphic card ie.
MSI R5770 Hawk Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

will fit into my mother board which is having one PCI express 2.0 x 16 slot.
what is difference between the 2.0 and 2.1 slot.

digvijay
Score
0
September 15, 2010 12:15:04 PM

digvijaysingh said:
Dear friend,
Please tell that whether this graphic card ie.
MSI R5770 Hawk Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

will fit into my mother board which is having one PCI express 2.0 x 16 slot.
what is difference between the 2.0 and 2.1 slot.

digvijay


pcie 2.1 is slightly faster than 2.0 BUT pcie cards are backwards compatible which means your 5770 will work on any pcie slot, doesnt matter if its 2.1, 2.0, 1.1 or even 1.0
Score
0
September 16, 2010 6:39:12 AM

thanks for the answer. Also please tell me
if I buy this card SAPPHIRE HD 4850 512MB GDDR3 PCI-E Dual Slot Fansink.

what does the Dual slot fansink means. my mother board has only one PCI express 2.0 slot. can i run this card in to my mother board which is GA-MA 78 GM us2h
Digvijay
Score
0
September 16, 2010 6:41:10 AM

jyjjy said:
The GA-MA785GM-US2H does have ACC which allows you to unlock the extra cores. It is not guaranteed to work but the odds are good, somewhere around 75%.


Also please tell me
if I buy this card SAPPHIRE HD 4850 512MB GDDR3 PCI-E Dual Slot Fansink.
what does the Dual slot fansink means. my mother board has only one PCI express 2.0 slot. can i run this card in to my mother board which is GA-MA 78 GM us2h
Digvijay
Score
0
a c 273 U Graphics card
September 30, 2010 11:55:29 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
0
!