Sign in with
Your question

ASUS drw-24b1st sata driver download

Last response: in Storage
October 31, 2012 8:13:40 PM

Running W7 64 bit, CD_ROM is ASUS DRW 24B1ST. I removed a sound card and deleted the drivers for it. (Plan on using a new USB sound card) Now the computer will not recognize the optical drive. I have gone back to all the restore points I have to no avail. (I am not sure actually when the drive stopped working as I don't use it often.) I get the following message from Device Manager: "configuration infor in registry is incomplete or damaged (Code 19)." I have tried deleting the driver and rebooting. I have run Microsoft's "Mr. Fixit" which indicated a problem with the driver. I have tried the ASUS website but haven't been able to get a driver download. Any help will be appreciated before I lose what littsle hair I have left.
a c 299 Ĉ ASUS
a c 261 G Storage
November 1, 2012 1:18:22 AM

Try doing a repair install of windows (using USB), that should fix registry issues. The driver normally comes with the OS for the optical drive.
m
l
November 1, 2012 3:21:42 PM

rolli59 said:
Try doing a repair install of windows (using USB), that should fix registry issues. The driver normally comes with the OS for the optical drive.

Thanks for the help. One question will doing a repair install of windows make me lose all data files on the hard drive or will it just correct the registry? Thanks again. I owe you a cup of coffee
m
l
a c 299 Ĉ ASUS
a c 261 G Storage
November 2, 2012 4:24:51 PM

It will not corrupt any data normally although they warn of a slight risk it might happen in win versions prior to 7.
m
l
!