Stock Trading Computer

jupitck

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2010
Hi Everyone,

I am building a trading computer.. does anyone know if trading platforms make use of the hard drives when calculating indicators or is everything stored in RAM? Not sure if I need to get an SSD or not

This guy at EZ Trading Computers has been extremely helpful but he's the only one I can find that knows anything... Anyone have any experience or advice?

Thanks in advance

eloric

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
From my experience using investools, you do not need anything special in your build. Graphics required to render the charts are no more intensive than any spreadsheet. Since I am not familiar with EZ Trading, I can only surmise that if you have an adequate amount of RAM, then your hard drive is used only when you save results, and any hard drive would do. Your configuration for just a trading machine should be around $500 for quality parts.

Purchase of an SSD is a luxury item, prices are dropping and speeds are increasing. The sensible advice is to wait, but I love mine for sure. Here is one for $100 after rebate: Kingston SSDNow V Series SNV425-S2/64GB 2.5" 64GB SATA II Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) Install your OS on this drive and add another traditional HDD to that for a complete storage array.

If you answer the build advice questions, you will increase your chances of getting valuable feedback regarding your purchase: How to ask for build advice

TRENDING THREADS