PROBLEM: Motherboard or CPU

nhutso

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
Hello,

I'm new to this forum so lets start with my specs.

MB: LANPARTY X-48
CPU: Q6600
PSU: OCZ 650W
GPU: GTX 260
Heatsink: Zalman
RAM: G.SKILL DDR2 800 4GB (2 x 2GB)

Here's my problem:

My computer turns on but there's no video and it does not boot to BIOS screen.

Here's what I've done:

Test #1 Took out all the components except for the HDD, GPU and memory. - Same results: no video and it does not boot to BIOS screen and the system is still running, fans and all.

Test #2 Took out all the components except for the HDD and GPU expecting the system to beep when there's no memory. - Same results: no video and it does not boot to BIOS screen and the system is still running, fans and all.

Test #3 Took out all the components except for the HDD, GPU and memory. This time I removed the CMOS battery (with the power light on) and put it back in. This time the system would boot to BIOS, but then would reboot itself after about 2 or 3 minutes. After it reboots it goes back to the results from test #1 and test #2.

I can repeat the test #3 over and over again and the same results happen over and over again.

Does anyone know what could be wrong? My initial suspicions is that it's either the motherboard or the CPU. But how can I tell? I don't have other parts to test the motherboard and CPU with.

Thank you!

nhutso

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
Thank you for the useful information, I tried the trouble-shooting guide provided and I am still experiencing the problem... Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you!