Any thoughts on the following build vs. the current Staples HP deal. With tax they both come out to about $450. I would need a monitor for either one, and would probably add a video card at some point. Am I missing anything in the build?
TOTAL AR $454.12
Current HP Deal
* AMD Athlon™ II 630 Quad-Core Processor (2.8GHz)
* 4GB installed memory
* 750GB hard drive
* SuperMulti DVD Burner with LightScribe Technology
* Wireless LAN 802.11b/g/n
* Monitor sold separately
* High Definition Audio with up to 7.1 surround sound capabilities
* 15-in-1 memory card reader
* HP USB keyboard and optical mouse
* Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
* 1 year warranty
The parts are from Microcenter. I'll be using it for some gaming mostly MMO's and strategy games. Is the 8-8-8-24 RAM going to make a massive difference over the 7-7-7-20 of the DOMINATOR RAM? Enough to merit a $60 price jump?
Firstly, the home build is gonna be better qualitatively and if you can get someone to assemble it for you, it'll also be cheaper. You'll be able to do so yourself as well, if you go through the You Tube videos and the tutorials on the net.
Secondly, that PSU is gonna be good enough, if you don't plan to SLI / XFIRE in the future, otherwise, you might wanna go with this CORSAIR 650W PSU.