Sign in with
Your question

Pls! I really need a fast answer!!! :hello:

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 2, 2010 5:50:07 PM

HY! I want to change the video card from a pentium 2! Its is a rage pro turbo agp 2x with a leadtek winfast a 340! Pls I'm in a hurry! I really need to know if this two video cards are compatible! Will it damaga my comp. if they're not fully compatible? I tried to mount it and it got in the slot but I havn't the courage to start the pc! :na:  The difference between the slots are that in the old one there are 2 slots (one smaller and one bigger) and in the new one (winfast) there are (3 smaller slots) but in total they reach the dimension of the 2 slots from theold video card!

PLs help me ! :ange: 

THNX!

More about : pls fast answer

July 2, 2010 6:03:12 PM

Im about to just send you my old pc lol. That *** is older then the land before time.
a b U Graphics card
July 2, 2010 6:29:18 PM

that pc is too old for anything now...
get a new pc
Related resources
July 2, 2010 6:53:03 PM

:) ) I know its old :) ) I have a new and better one but also have this old PC and this is for my little brother or for my mom to watch some photos.... And for my brother I wanna the graphic card...Anyway the winfast card is in plus! I dont need it.. And I thought it may be compatible to the old pc!
Can u tell me if it'll work? Does it burn something if its not fully compatible? I told you that the slots are not exactly identical but it can be pluged in! :D 
a b U Graphics card
July 2, 2010 7:07:20 PM

If the slots are not identical, do not plug the card in.
a c 184 U Graphics card
July 2, 2010 7:07:57 PM

You need to be careful with the AGP bus, but usually if the card fits it will work, the slots are keyed to prevent damage, but not everyone followed the rules.
Have a read here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AGP

If you are in any doubt at all, do as JSC says: do not use it!
July 2, 2010 7:17:39 PM

maby this can give further infos.... :|
July 2, 2010 7:49:10 PM

yes... the old video card is a 2x agp and the new one is 8x agp! (I rechecked)
So... you say that I can plug in the nwo one even though the slots arn't exactly the same...

So...I'll try to plug it in tomorrow morning :D 

OK! So than...

Thank you very very much for your help!

July 9, 2010 4:56:33 PM

Thank you very very much!

It worked like a charm!!! :D 
!