Pls! I really need a fast answer!!! :hello:

alecstheone

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2010
HY! I want to change the video card from a pentium 2! Its is a rage pro turbo agp 2x with a leadtek winfast a 340! Pls I'm in a hurry! I really need to know if this two video cards are compatible! Will it damaga my comp. if they're not fully compatible? I tried to mount it and it got in the slot but I havn't the courage to start the pc! :na: The difference between the slots are that in the old one there are 2 slots (one smaller and one bigger) and in the new one (winfast) there are (3 smaller slots) but in total they reach the dimension of the 2 slots from theold video card!

PLs help me ! :ange:

THNX!

alecstheone

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2010
:)) I know its old :)) I have a new and better one but also have this old PC and this is for my little brother or for my mom to watch some photos.... And for my brother I wanna the graphic card...Anyway the winfast card is in plus! I dont need it.. And I thought it may be compatible to the old pc!
Can u tell me if it'll work? Does it burn something if its not fully compatible? I told you that the slots are not exactly identical but it can be pluged in! :D

alecstheone

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2010
yes... the old video card is a 2x agp and the new one is 8x agp! (I rechecked)
So... you say that I can plug in the nwo one even though the slots arn't exactly the same...

So...I'll try to plug it in tomorrow morning :D

OK! So than...

Thank you very very much for your help!