RPC server not available after upgrade from 98 to XP

Thing is, this is not a client/server machine - it's freestanding.
But I cannot get the HP 1012 printer reinstalled.
I've reinstalled XP; uninstalled and deleted all the HP files, then
reinstalled; checked the Computer management console (both Print Spooler and
RPC are started); done the hokey-pokey . . .
I'm stumped. PLEASE help!
1 answer Last reply
More about server upgrade

    Check Event Viewer for errors.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Sylvie" wrote:
    | Thing is, this is not a client/server machine - it's freestanding.
    | But I cannot get the HP 1012 printer reinstalled.
    | I've reinstalled XP; uninstalled and deleted all the HP files, then
    | reinstalled; checked the Computer management console (both Print Spooler
    and
    | RPC are started); done the hokey-pokey . . .
    | I'm stumped. PLEASE help!

Configuration Windows XP Hewlett Packard Servers