Sign in with
Your question

5770 xfire

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 2, 2010 8:14:19 PM

Hey guys, Im sorry if this as been answered before it is probably a really newbish question.

This is my first time dual gpuing. I just bought 2 5770's. I have one up and running just fine, but I am unclear on how to get the other one setup.

Im sure that I need a 6 pin going to both?

Does only my main slot one connect to the monitor?

I don't have a bridge installed? It didn't come with one..do I need it?

When I boot up with the other in ass well the computer dumps ram and crashes on startup.

Sorry again this is probably newbish but I need help! I cant seem to find a real guide on the internet.

More about : 5770 xfire

July 2, 2010 8:45:42 PM

Also hopefully your psu is powerful enough to run them both.
Test each 5770 individually as your main card to make sure , you did not receive one faulty one. I'm suggesting that because you had trouble booting with both. The lack of bridge would not cause memory dumps. Just no crossfire available.
m
l
July 2, 2010 8:56:13 PM

Thnx for the quick response guys.

Where would I get a bridge? I only see a HIM compatible one on newegg. and XFX doesnt have them for sale on thier site.
m
l
Related resources
July 2, 2010 11:46:21 PM

Thats weird that you didn't get one with it. I thought the cards usually came with a bridge so that you could xfire them.

However whats your motherboard?

On my motherboard you had to have an 8pin to feed the extra power to the other pci-e slots so that might be one of the reasons why your getting the blue screen. It did it to me when i tried to fire it up with both and didn't have that 8pin in there.
m
l
July 3, 2010 6:30:47 PM

My XFX card did not come with a crossfire bridge either. I purchased the HIS brand cable off newegg. Not a very cool 15$ hit. I also purchased my HIS 5770 card to crossfire with the XFX at the same time, and It claimed to come with a crossfire bridge, but after the XFX cards lack of a bridge i went ahead and just ordered one, so now im stuck with 2 since the HIS card did come with one.
m
l
!