hellokyle

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012
Well, here's my problem: I'm looking to restore my computer to factory settings though my computer doesn't have that function since it's custom pre-built.

I have two drives, a 1TB Hard Drive (Disk 0) and a 60GB SSD (Disk 1, I'm assuming). This is a pre-built computer from iBuyPower. They put the OS on the 1tb HHD and from what I can tell, there's nothing on the SSD. I have two partitions on Disk 0, (C: ) and System Reserved from the OS.

I really would just like to completely get rid of everything on my computer and start from scratch. And I'm assuming if I format/wipe/delete my (C: ) drive my Win7 will be erased and I will have one effed up computer on my hands.

The only thing I can think to fix all of this is if I perform a clean install of Windows. Would this really help or would it screw me up even more? Do I format my (C: ) drive and THEN clean install windows? Believe me, I'm not that computer savy when it comes to hard drives and partitions and things of that nature.

I just want to delete everything on my hard drives, install windows on my SSD and store everything else on my HHD.

Any help is appreciated.

tomatthe

Distinguished
Based on the description here, I would suggest taking the machine to a local repair center and having them install Windows, load drivers etc. It's not the most complicated thing in the world, but it sounds like it may be more complicated then you would want to deal with.

Assuming you have your install disk a repair center would probably charge around $100 to do the install and load all your drivers.

iBuyPower should have included all disks and drivers needed by your system including an OEM OS disk. I do agree with tomatthe that this may a little over your skill level and you may want a reapir center do the work for you.

It sems etremely odd that ibuypower put the OS on the hard drive and left the SSD empty. One would think it would be the other way around.

hellokyle

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012
Here's my progress so far:

I've reinstalled Windows 7 and partitioned md SSD for the OS. I want to use my Hard Drive for storage.
So now I have the SSD as my (C: ) drive with only the OS and important programs installed. When I go into Disk Management it shows my Disk 0 looking fine, then it shows my Disk 1 (my 1TB HHD) blank, not even letting me create a simple volume.
Whenever I right click on Disk 1 I only get the option to "Change Drive Letters and Paths..."

How do I fix this?