Ipconfig /renew

sturm

Splendid
Are you sure it's not doing the local connection and just getting the same IP address? ipconfig /renew will renew the ip of all active connections if no Ethernet adapter is selected.

Try ipconfig /renew lo* this will renew all connection that start with lo - IE: Local connection.

tvo3107

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
Still not working!

C:\DOCUME~1\DESKTOP>ipconfig /renew Lo*

Windows IP Configuration

An error occurred while renewing interface Local Area Connection : The system ca
nnot find the file specified.

sturm

Splendid
Do an ipconfig /all.
Note the name of the hard wired connection that you want to renew. Put the first few letters of the name in place of lo. Be sure to include the *. Name starts after "Ethernet adapter" in the listing.

For more options type ipconfig /?

Carolecjc78

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
I am researching this same problem...I am showing that the media state is disconnected in both the Ethernet adaptor in the wireless network connection and the same in the Local area connection. I have a desktop that is working fine and another laptop that is fine but suddenly my Lenova laptop cannot cennect to my Belkin router...I have checked the DHCS, TCP/IP, DNS and all appears to be restarted and on automatic. I have rebooted the router, disconnected & reconnected the ethernet cable and still nothing...on day 6 of this issue. I am showing that the Lenove sees the Belkin and has excellent signal strength but cannot acquire the network address, HELP! Please and thank you in advance!

Carolecjc78

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
Hi Grumpy9117, I am not sure what the Zero Access Rootkit is so I can tell you I did not MEAN to have it. Everything was fine on one day and got up the next day to find I could not connect and that the IP adress was reading as 0.0.0.0.