• Graphics Cards
  • Cursor
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
July 2, 2010 9:26:01 PM

Hi to all first post here.

Having a slightly or rather really annoying problem with the cursor on my newly aquired HP Pavillion dv6 notebook.
For some reason unknown to me, the cursor has suddenly changed its shape from the classic one to a vertical line of dots. The shape differs from time to time, changing from the aforementioned line of dots, to a line of "sceptical emoticons", like this: -.-

I've just recently installed baldurs gate 1 and 2, and the problem seemed to occur between the installation of the two games.

I did a quick google search and found other threads with people asking about problems which seemed alike and related to my own, like the "enlarged cursor" bug.

Computer specs:

AMD athalon Dual-core M320
4 gigs of ram
64bit windows 7 home premium
ATI mobility Raedon HD 4530 series

Is there a solutin to this problem, if any, without me having to uninstall the games i've just installed?

Didn't know where to actually file this query, so it went under graphics.

More about : windows cursor line dots

a c 376 U Graphics card
July 2, 2010 9:35:34 PM

You are talking about the mouse?
Right click on the desktop and click personalize.
On the left hand side while be "change mouse pointers."
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
July 2, 2010 9:43:42 PM

Thank you for your reply. Sadly, if it was this easy to fix the problem, i wouldn't have posted here in the first place as this was the first thing i tried to do. Changing the mouse cursor doesn't do anything. The cursor/pointer is still repressented by a line of dots, and occasionally a line of sceptical emoticons, like this: -.-

Related resources
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
July 3, 2010 2:24:09 AM

Bump

Google failed me, so i'm really rooting for this one.
a c 376 U Graphics card
July 3, 2010 4:43:04 AM

You may want to try the Win7 forum instead.
!