MSI-890FXA-GD70-Motherboard/ boot---'no signal'

chuckiejones

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2011
Trouble: Blank screen when I power up the configuration. I have a new MSI-890FXA-GD70-Motherboard and new 550w Toppower PS with AMD athlon II x4 640 cpu, 2x4gb kingston hyper dd3 memory, HIS Radeon HD 6790 1Gb pci express 2.1 IceQ X, for which I am using he adapter for VGA right now. My monitor, when turned off and back on, displays "no signal."
I get no two digit error code on the MB and blank screen on two different VGA monitors. I have tried a single 2 gb memory pack in each slot w/ same results. I have disconnected all other devices incl HDD, CD, USBs with same result. I haven't worked recently with inside the cases except to add memory, HDD, etc to working systems. Any tips for the ignorant would be appreciated. I am wanting to get set up for gaming.

chuckiejones

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2011

Thanks, I thought about that. I have three other desktops but all have the video built into the MB. I went through my box of boards etc and find I have trashed all that old junk. I wrote HIS and asked them if their card has to be initialized by the software they provide to even provide basic display functions.

Your help was faster than they have been. Still waiting on that one.