chrisga

Honorable
Nov 2, 2012
I have a new (2 month old ) 1TB External Hard drive by Seagate. Day I bought it I put tons of photos and music and old movies I backed up from VHS. Fast foward to 3 days ago started having trouble with the hard drive. I record my gameplay to my hard drive and upload to youtube. But all the video files I put on there will open and play but become laggy and says cant read file. The old files I mentioned earlier open and play fine. Just the recent video files are the trouble. I can record my gamelplay and put files directly to computer hard drive and its fine no problems. What could be the problem with my hard drive? I used to record my gameplay to my external hard drive just fine till the problems started?? I uninstaled the driver and re-installed it and its still doing the same thing. Thanks for any help info.

run a malware scan and a virus scan to make sure your system is clean. also make sure your mb chipset drivers are up to date. also if you using the drive on a usb 3.0 port make sure you have the newest drivers for the usb 3.0 ports. it it not a hardware issues..(run seatools and hdtune) check the drive smart info see if there any warnings. if there are none then it may be your anti virus or the program your using for video capture or something running in the background slowing the data moving from the mb to the usb ports.