What would you choose?

mindlogiczero

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2009
asus xense / pc 350 bundle $300

or

asus xonar / ad700 $180

reasons i like the asus xense is, lifetime warranty, amp, can plug my speakers and headset up at same time.

will be used for gaming / music / movies, i know the pc 350s are not quite as good as the ad700's but i heard the 350's sound awesome on the xense.

seen the essence but didnt even see how i could hook up speakers to it, just seen rca connections. plus no lifetime warranty.

would i really tell much of a difference using essence/xense over xonar? ive never used anything but onboard. im currently using siberias with onboard sound.

mindlogiczero

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2009
anyone else agree?

ive been reading and from what i take it is that 350s are actually really good if hooked to a amp. most the people who criticize them do so because they dont have it hooked to a good source.

I tried the PC-350 (owned by my friend) both at his place and also with my Essence STX.. The amp really creates a difference and is actually essential to drive such high quality headsets.. I could not afford one though because of its high cost and so i ended up buying the HD 515 G4ME.. I do not have a microphone requirement though.. It was the excellent audio quality of the 350 that made me think about them.. However am plenty happy with my HD 515 G4ME now..