Usb port frying anything connected

Hi guys,
I have a problem my usb ports on top of my PC case have been having this issue of frying anything connected it started when one day,
I connected a 4GB flash disk and was shocked to see sparks, after the sparks the PC went off almost immediately I removed the flash disk
quickly and swithed on the the PC I opened the program event viewer at the start menu and then events then administrative events
it displayed critical kernel power so therefore I closed the application then reconnected the flash disk it had a bright red led which to me was a,
sign of life but on desktop it displayed malfunction windows does not recognize the device connected I reconnected it many times I tried
two different PC's but still the same thing I therefore pronounce it dead. Please help!!!!!!

System specs:

MOTHERBOARD: EVGA P55 SLI
PROCESSOR: INTEL CORE i3 530 @ 2.93 GHZ
GRAPHICS CARD: NVIDIA GEFORCE 7950GT
HDD: WD CAVIAR BLUE 320GB 8MB CACHE 7200RPM
HITACHI 250GB 7200RPM
CASIN: THERMALTAKE ARMOR VA8000BWS
5 answers Last reply
More about port frying connected
  1. It is probable that your PC is shorting out. This makes your PC very dangerous in terms of fire, electrocution and damaged components. Leave it unplugged and get it checked out. Seriously.
  2. first, try calming down
  3. Many people would support the view that an electrical device that sparks etc is a hazard.
  4. It sounds like a Earth/Grounding problem, change your power cable and have your electrical outlet/extension cable checked for faulty earth wiring. If it is a faulty earth problem you could be at risk of electrical shock or death.
  5. Thank you all for the comments I appreciate.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies USB Components