Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Hard Drives
  • Product
Last response: in Motherboards
June 11, 2011 1:15:27 AM

hello
any one know a good place to buy Mother boards for good prices . I need a
(Pegatron M2N78-LA Violet-GL8E Motherboard ) For an HP Pavilion p6210f Desktop PC
was thinking hard drive was bad posted under hard drive fourm. but turned out
to be MB most seaches prices where apr. $150.00 to $200.00 seems a little steep
have a micro case so limited to which MB wil fit in it have looked all over internet
a local shop had a biostar i think they said but only has 2 memory slots will drop
down from 6 gigs of Ram to 4 would rather not do that but this is not a high end
sys so have to keep $$$ in mind . any one have a good site would be most
greatfull. Thanks for any help here is a site with my compter spec.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01...

Rick

More about : good place buy mother board

a b V Motherboard
June 11, 2011 2:10:10 AM

It is not only the amount of slots but also that you have DDR2 memory the only motherboards that I could find where these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=P...

all other ones take DDR3 which means you will have to buy new memory and will pay the same price than buying the HP replacement board.
m
l
June 11, 2011 5:13:02 AM

thanks for input an looking at them now. a local dealer I know sell a biostar as I said i know this has to be a no frills board you get what you pay for any wants $80.00 board and labor anyone have any input on the board do not kown model of board so hard to check up on will find out but what in this case dose the HP MB have that make it so much more money . is it becauce it is HP are is it a that much better board for the extra money?
I use this computer for internet , spreadsheets, some pictures stuff. low power stuff no gaming are any thing
heavy duty . just what it to be stable, This is the 1st computer I bought in years build most of mine and this will be last one I buy from big box store the ones I build laster and ran stable for many years. had this one a
year and a 1/2 keep it on battery backup / surge protection . But any way thanks for input as I an new to this
site but like it alot will hang around so thanks again for everyones time and help
Rick
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
June 11, 2011 7:04:19 AM

It should work fine since you have 95W CPU, and the MOBOs you could use are 4 out of 5 stars.

for $80 I would have him install it and make sure all the drivers are install properly.
m
l
June 11, 2011 8:40:23 PM

thats what I will do and again thanks for time and help and have a great day
Rick
m
l
!