Buying a case now for a future build

Joslock

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2010
Hi!
I'm planning to make a new PC in January but, since I have some money now, is it ok to buy the case and the power supply now and then wait until january to buy the rest of the components? or should I buy all the components at the same time?

I was looking to buy the HAF 932 case. What do you think?

Thanks.

anatorax

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2010
It doesn't really matter when you get your stuff. Consider that they may be out of stock later or have a rebate, though. If you want an ultimate case take Silverstone Fortress 02. It costs more than HAF, but it is plain awesome. HAF will suck A LOT of dust, whereas Fortress already has filters. And what can be better than three 180-mm fans?

Joslock

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2010
Thanks for the replies.

Regarding the case choice, I don't have a lot of options because my local PC store doesn't have much to choose from. Sadly most of the cases they sell are not full towers. At the moment I could buy the HAF 932 or the NZXT Phantom. Which one do you thing is best?

Joslock

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2010

I have a midsize tower right now and I hate how little room there is for the components. I want more space to work with and better airflow so I thought full tower was better than midsize