Sign in with
Your question

Buying a case now for a future build

Last response: in Components
October 17, 2010 10:16:20 AM

Hi!
I'm planning to make a new PC in January but, since I have some money now, is it ok to buy the case and the power supply now and then wait until january to buy the rest of the components? or should I buy all the components at the same time?

I was looking to buy the HAF 932 case. What do you think?

Thanks.
a c 104 ) Power supply
October 17, 2010 10:41:09 AM

Go for it man, it will give you time to play around with planning airflow/casemods hehe :) 
(dont forget to get a head start identifying frontpanel cables too :p )
Moto
a c 91 ) Power supply
October 17, 2010 10:58:40 AM

Though good, the HAF 932 is an old case now.. There are lots of viable alternatives available now..
Related resources
October 17, 2010 11:56:23 AM

It doesn't really matter when you get your stuff. Consider that they may be out of stock later or have a rebate, though. If you want an ultimate case take Silverstone Fortress 02. It costs more than HAF, but it is plain awesome. HAF will suck A LOT of dust, whereas Fortress already has filters. And what can be better than three 180-mm fans?
October 17, 2010 12:35:37 PM

Thanks for the replies.

Regarding the case choice, I don't have a lot of options because my local PC store doesn't have much to choose from. Sadly most of the cases they sell are not full towers. At the moment I could buy the HAF 932 or the NZXT Phantom. Which one do you thing is best?
a c 91 ) Power supply
October 17, 2010 3:16:50 PM

If those are the only options available, then you are safe to choose the one which looks good to you.. But why only full tower.?
a b ) Power supply
October 17, 2010 3:27:34 PM

Id go for the Phantom, looks so much better than the 932 IMO, but its a pretty even choice as both cases ar basically on par with each other.
October 17, 2010 3:35:08 PM

Emperus said:
If those are the only options available, then you are safe to choose the one which looks good to you.. But why only full tower.?

I have a midsize tower right now and I hate how little room there is for the components. I want more space to work with and better airflow so I thought full tower was better than midsize
!