Buying a case now for a future build

Hi!
I'm planning to make a new PC in January but, since I have some money now, is it ok to buy the case and the power supply now and then wait until january to buy the rest of the components? or should I buy all the components at the same time?

I was looking to buy the HAF 932 case. What do you think?

Thanks.
7 answers Last reply
More about buying case future build
  1. Go for it man, it will give you time to play around with planning airflow/casemods hehe :)
    (dont forget to get a head start identifying frontpanel cables too :P)
    Moto
  2. Though good, the HAF 932 is an old case now.. There are lots of viable alternatives available now..
  3. It doesn't really matter when you get your stuff. Consider that they may be out of stock later or have a rebate, though. If you want an ultimate case take Silverstone Fortress 02. It costs more than HAF, but it is plain awesome. HAF will suck A LOT of dust, whereas Fortress already has filters. And what can be better than three 180-mm fans?
  4. Thanks for the replies.

Regarding the case choice, I don't have a lot of options because my local PC store doesn't have much to choose from. Sadly most of the cases they sell are not full towers. At the moment I could buy the HAF 932 or the NZXT Phantom. Which one do you thing is best?
  5. If those are the only options available, then you are safe to choose the one which looks good to you.. But why only full tower.?
  6. Id go for the Phantom, looks so much better than the 932 IMO, but its a pretty even choice as both cases ar basically on par with each other.
  7. Emperus said:
    If those are the only options available, then you are safe to choose the one which looks good to you.. But why only full tower.?

I have a midsize tower right now and I hate how little room there is for the components. I want more space to work with and better airflow so I thought full tower was better than midsize
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Cases Build Components