Sign in with
Your question

"Frequency Out Of Range"

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 3, 2010 8:46:12 AM

When I try and load a game which is in beta my screen turns black and I get the message "Frequency Out Of Range", This has only started happening since I changed from Windows 7 back to Windows XP.

Anyone got any idea's I would be very greatful.

Thanks

Walsh
x

More about : frequency range

July 3, 2010 8:54:07 AM

which is your gpu, what resolution you use? is there any reason to go back to xp from 7?
July 3, 2010 8:57:35 AM

Sorry missed some stupid information, I have an Nvidia 7600GS.

The reason for downgrading back to XP is that my FPS was getting affected by Windows 7 by a lot as I only have 1GB ram.
Related resources
July 3, 2010 9:04:45 AM

July 3, 2010 9:15:18 AM

you have this problem when you load all games or just a specific game?
July 3, 2010 9:18:36 AM

no just one game, I cant talk about the game much as its in beta, the resolution is stuck.

I cant remember what the resolution is stuck on but I know it was 1280x?

The game worked when I was on Windows 7
July 3, 2010 9:20:53 AM

you tried reinstalling that game?
btw which game is it?
July 3, 2010 9:23:31 AM

It is an online baseball game called iBaseball

www.rbofactor.com

It is in beta, you have to sign an agreement saying you cannot post screenshots or videos

great game if you like baseball :p 
July 3, 2010 9:26:51 AM

its a game issue....
nothing to worry about.. :D 
July 3, 2010 9:32:34 AM

hmmmm okay, my mate gets the same issue.... so your possibly right.

July 3, 2010 5:33:14 PM

Mmmm, what is your monitor and what connection do you use? Might seems like stupid questions, but the last time I saw this kind of error message was with my old CRT monitor using VGA when the refresh frequency was too high.
July 3, 2010 5:45:21 PM

plug and play and it is a CRT monitor.

but I don't understand why it would work on Windows 7 and not Windows XP
a b Î Nvidia
July 3, 2010 5:53:19 PM

Try turning the monitor off for a few seconds-I know it sounds daft but I often get the same error message when my system boots and that is the solution.
July 3, 2010 5:54:35 PM

Zenthar said:
Mmmm, what is your monitor and what connection do you use? Might seems like stupid questions, but the last time I saw this kind of error message was with my old CRT monitor using VGA when the refresh frequency was too high.

you are right..its because of high refresh rate..
July 3, 2010 5:57:02 PM

coozie7 said:
Try turning the monitor off for a few seconds-I know it sounds daft but I often get the same error message when my system boots and that is the solution.

but op doesn't have problem when he boots up.. or does he?
to op: you may try reinstalling the game and see if that solves your out of freq prob :) 
July 3, 2010 5:57:56 PM

No its when I play a game, should I load the game then switch monitor off for a few seconds???
July 3, 2010 6:00:24 PM

Walsh said:
No its when I play a game, should I load the game then switch monitor off for a few seconds???

give it a try
also try reintalling the game
a b Î Nvidia
July 3, 2010 6:03:15 PM

@ Walsh, give it a try-can't hurt;)
It may just be the game is switching resolution/refresh rate and catching the monitor or GPU out. Just remember, the game is in Beta, so it's just as likely to be a bug they'll sort during development.
Edit- Check the Devs website, there may be a patch or updated build.
July 3, 2010 6:12:03 PM

I tried turning my monitor off and back on, I haven't tried GPU yet.

I speak to the game maker quite often it is quite hard to get on at the same time as he is from the US and im from UK.

Im trying re-install soon.

Hopefully he can give me a solution.

If anyone else has any other solutions.
July 3, 2010 7:22:11 PM

reinstall didn't work,

monitor off and back didn't work,

unplugging monitor out and back on didn't work,

when I screenshot it, and paste it into paint I can see the game... :\

Strange
July 3, 2010 7:30:18 PM

the game is running....
the problem is your monitor cant display the frequency at which the game video is set to....
July 3, 2010 7:33:03 PM

yes, but I could run the game on windows 7 so the monitor can run it....???

July 3, 2010 7:35:35 PM

Maybe there is a feature in Win7 preventing other apps to override the frequency the system is set to. There are a lot of "improvements" to Windows since XP ...
July 3, 2010 7:37:10 PM

its just a game issue... your monitor is fine, your entire system is fine... just the game isn't
since its in beta stage
July 4, 2010 4:54:01 PM

I sorted, I put another monitor into my pc which can load 75hertz then change the resolution with one which has 60hertz plugged my other monitor back in BANG!
July 5, 2010 10:17:27 AM

Well is obvious is not a monitor problem since it worked on the same monitor but different OS.
!