Sign in with
Your question
Solved

POWER PROBLEM?

Last response: in Components
October 17, 2010 12:31:24 PM

When I turn my computer on it powers up for a few seconds the shuts off for a few seconds the turns back on and works fine. I have never seen this before. Is there a problem with my power supply or could it be something else?

Here is my system:

CASE: COOLERMASTER CM 690 II ADVANCED
MOTHERBOARD: EVGA P55 SLI
CPU: INTEL I5 750 W/ STOCK FAN
MEMORY: 4GB OF G SKILL DDR3 1600MHZ
HARD DRIVE: 1TB SAMSUNG SPINPOINT F3
GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTS 450 SUPERCLOCKED
PSU: COOLERMASTER SILENT PRO 600W
CD/DVD: SAMSUNG CD/DVD BURNER

Any idea?

Thanks

More about : power problem

Best solution

October 17, 2010 3:23:47 PM

Hmmm, did you do any changes to the PC before this? Try a diffrent plug in the room, also check that all the cables are attached correctly.
October 17, 2010 3:42:11 PM

I just built the system and have had it plugged in to several plugs. I check all the connections and reseated all of the components. when the pc turns on i get a beep code of beep pause beep beep pause beep pause beep. This is after the on off on sequence. The computer works fine once it posts.
m
l
Related resources
October 17, 2010 3:43:57 PM

Does the mobo manual include specific error sequences that will tell you the problem? A 600W PSU shouldn't sweat under the likes of even a superclocked 450.
m
l
October 17, 2010 4:42:07 PM

I figured out the beep code. It has to do with the system recognizing the usb devices connected to the computer. I disconnected them and the beep cone changed to just two beeps. one for the front panel usb and one for the media card reader. I also noticed that it powers off when the led poster is on 03 which is for post bios.
m
l
October 18, 2010 2:05:31 PM

From what i have found, the double boot when you turn the computer on is a normal function of the evga p55 motherboards. It has something to do with system check and overclocking.

Thanks for the help
m
l
October 25, 2010 2:09:31 PM

Best answer selected by cjp3212006.
m
l
!