125w cpu not working with mobo

streamheart

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2010
Hello, i have a biostar a770e3 mobo and on the website it says that it supports the phenom II x4 965 125w, but when i start the system i gives me
max power of cpu is over 95w

i was wondering if this mobo really supports it or not or if i need to update bios, but i cant update bios due to that message preventing me from reaching POST screen

rand_79

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009
first line on biostars page

"CPU Support

If you plan to upgrade processor from your existing unit, please update bios first before changing or upgrading processors."

also it shows version 6 on their page the older versions are hard to find.. what version do you have? It will be on the MB box or printed directly on the MB

streamheart

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2010
i have version 6, and i managed to flash the bios to the newest version , but after the flashing i stopeed getting anything, everytime i start the pc its just black screen, does removing the battery on the motherboard revert the old bios?

streamheart

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2010
well i cant go back to the old one since i get nothing on the screen, absolutely nothing , everytime i start it now there is nothing there , the hdd are working and the cpu i hear and see them run but there is nothing on the screen :S

streamheart

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2010
here is the situation i bought a new motherboard + CPU + RAM everything else is old,
i put the new stuff in and i found out that i cant update the bios and i couldnt use my old cpu as the new mobo doesnt support it , so i had to update bios using the new processor, which i was able to do throught flash , but now i have no response, every time i turn it on there is no siognal on the screen

streamheart

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2010
btw i also tried resetting cmos through the jumpers and , also tried removing the battery and still there is nothing on the screen

streamheart

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2010
now i tried running it without a graphics card, and still no indication of an error no beeps nothing,
am beginning to think that only the cpu fan is working, but i have no idea.
if the cpu fan and the dvd drive are working does that mean there is still some hope for the mobo?

streamheart

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2010
i was able to flash the bios with my new processor the phenom 965
but now i think i have bad bios or a cause of faulty update i dont know all signs point to this, is there a way to fix bad bios or revert to the old one, thnx