Sli problems

hi ppl i got 2x geforce 250 gts on a p55-gd65 mobo
and the problem is when i instald the latest driver from nvidia it rolls fine next time i turn on my pc thare's no sli option anymore
i lookt in to bios nothing on sli or crossfire setting now what can i do to get over this problem
13 answers Last reply
More about problems
  1. 1)Do you have the bridge installed on the cards?
    2)To which card are you connecting the monitor to?
  2. The latest nvidia drivers were crap when I used them on my two GTX260's. The best NVIDIA driver I've found so far for the 200 series is 197.45. I would download the 197.45 driver from http://downloads.guru3d.com/ and try that out.

Hope this helps.
    ace
  3. yeah i do have the brige installed. and the montior is connected to card one .
  4. and ill try the 197.45 driver
  5. i try'd the driver but got a blue warning screen befor windows started.
    Had to do a repair of windows or atleast fix it
  6. I just had a GTX 260 SLI setup running on 197.45 perfectly fine. So I can vouch for it working well. I also ran them on the new 257.21 drivers without a hitch either.

Just installed a GTX 470 though, and then updated to the Beta 258.69 drivers.

Course you do have to go into the nVidia Control Panel and re-enable SLI after you update drivers. Make sure you have Control Panel open in "Advanced Mode".
  7. Did you try the cards by themselves so you know they both work? Perhaps one is dying/dead.
  8. Well i know the cards arent death try'd that out yesterday
    Ill try out the beta driver.... Maby but not sure can it be the ram memory or am i being silly ?
  9. cant find the 250 gts driver
  10. Quote:
    cant find the 250 gts driver

257.21 are the latest WHQL's and the latest beta is 258.69, both available at the Nvidia website.
  11. What dos WHQL stand for?
  12. Windows Hardware Quality Labs IIRC, it basically means that they have met the specs to be certified by MS to work on windows.
  13. Mousemonkey said:
    Windows Hardware Quality Labs IIRC, it basically means that they have met the specs to be certified by MS to work on windows.

:whistle: Just so the OP doesn't have to ask, in case they didn't already know:

IIRC = If I Recall Correctly

MS = Microsoft

Hehehe!
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards SLI Geforce Graphics