Power Supply Issue with the Mobo

Rezzee19

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2011
Hi everyone.

I'm building my second PC, and finished assembling it tonight. When I threw the switch, computer booted up beautifully, but I didn't receive any kinda of graphical output to my display.

Upon scouring the internet, I came to the conclusion it was because my 4 pin slot on the mobo that powers the processor remains unoccupied. The motherboard I have, a Biostar A770E3, is a 24 pin mobo. My power supply came with a 20+4 pin, so I plugged in all 24 to the main connection. To my dismay and sifting through all the connections, all I can come up with are 6 pin PCI-E connectors and hard drive connectors. :pfff:

I had read online that some PSU's come with an 8 pin connector that splits into 2 4 pins, but no such luck here.

I stopped short of using 20 and using the split off 4 for the CPU, glad I did, some other people have tried that and the PSU blew up in their faces. -_-

Any kind of help on what I can do to resolve this issue would be most appreciated. Do I need a completely different PSU? And if so which one would you guys recommend?

Links to my parts in question:

Power Supply: ePower 600w

Mobo: Biostar A770E

Thanks again!

Rezzee19

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2011
Hey man, thanks for taking the time to reply.

I went back when it was not 4am, and went through the cables for the 7th time. Came up with nothing. Then I realized there was a plug down further in the case I missed in my sweep that was a breakaway 8 pin. Doh!

Sorry, had a dumb moment there. Thanks for reinforcing my thoughts of "It HAS to be here!".