valzient

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2010
When setting up a hardware firewall, their are different interfaces. I am setting one up but have an issue with understanding one aspect. Their is an option for green and blue interfaces. Green being the internal network and blue being the wireless. When using the green interface is it possible to use the green interface with a wireless router so it can use both wired and wireless? In this case would i need to strip all DHCP configurations from the router or keep that since ipcop already has that capability?

Solution
I would say yes. I am assuming that they split wired and wireless into two different interfaces so that different policies can be applied to the two different networks. Wireless should be more secure and locked down then the wired in most cases.

sturm

Splendid
I would say yes. I am assuming that they split wired and wireless into two different interfaces so that different policies can be applied to the two different networks. Wireless should be more secure and locked down then the wired in most cases.

Solution