• NAS / RAID
  • Sabertooth
  • Devices
  • SATA
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
June 11, 2011 6:28:55 PM

Sabertooth X58 Windows 7 Prof 64 with 6 BG RAM

I am trying to install OS on Crucial C4 SSD 64mg in RAID 0 Sata III (6gb/s)

MOBO set to AHCI -- Marvel on Post indicates RAID 0 on Sata III (6gb/s) But when windows boots up drive looks like it has 128gb. I though on RAID 0 it would only be 64MB. How can I know for sure I am running in RAID mode?

Marvell 91xx Config ATA Device has yellow warning on Device Manager.
Under Disk Drives MARVELL Raid VD 0 ATA Device is working.
Under IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers Intel(r) ICH10 Family 6 Port AHCI Controller - 3A22 is working.

Do I need to start from scratch? Do I need to reinstall OS with Marvell 91xx Config ATA Device installation?
Can I just load the Marvell 91xx Config ATA Device drivers now?

Little help please!!

More about : sabertooth x58 raid sata iii 6mb

June 11, 2011 11:30:44 PM

So if i understand correctly you have 2 x Crucial SSD's in RAID 0 and for that 128gb is correct (look up RAID 0). To what controller are the two HDD's connected atm (Marwell as i can see). On what controller did you created the RAID? Do you want to use RAID or AHCI. I would use the Intel controller for RAID as it gives better performance. Regarding SSD and RAID there could be issues with TRIM so you need to look it up.
m
l
June 12, 2011 3:54:15 AM

I think I am on Raid but I am not sure. As stated above windows shows I have 128mb - this should only be 64mb if truely on Raid 0.
I would like to use the Intel controller but I am not sure if it will run Raid on the Sata III.
m
l
Related resources
June 12, 2011 6:36:58 PM

Edit crucial M4 64 mb ssd
m
l
September 13, 2011 1:42:05 AM

there are no problems at all. If you are shown 128 GB then you are in raid and running raid 0.

In raid 0 half of the data is written on each drive at the same time. Same for reading. Therefore you keep the size of both disks while nearly doubling speed.

In raid 1 however, you write the same data on two disks at one, no performance gain and only the capacity of one disk.
m
l
November 30, 2011 11:10:02 AM

I have this motherboard and a vertex OCZ SSD. Read Write speeds using the SATA 3 port are slower than the SATA2 ports. I have checked that everything is configured as per the manual and that I have the latest drivers for both the motherboard and the Marvell SATA 3 port. There appears to be a problem with the Marvell port. The fastest Speeds I can get are arounf 100MB/s. I should be getting 400-500MB/s at least.
m
l