multiplayer vs. PC

I want to play in a LAN with my friends vs. PC. Is it possible?

Andrew

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 13:51:25 +0200, "Sergio" <sdenisi@tiscali.it>
wrote:

>I want to play in a LAN with my friends vs. PC. Is it possible?

Yes.

Sergio wrote:
> I want to play in a LAN with my friends vs. PC. Is it possible?

No. It is not.

Judging by your reaction to the answers you were given, one must assume that
your question was misunderstood. I think you are asking if the single
player part of UT can be played on a LAN and made into multiplayer. The
answer is no.

If that is not what you are asking, then you need to give more details. If
you are trying to create a multiplayer game on your LAN and are having
trouble, you were asked for details that would aid in troubleshooting your
problem.

Are you using a dedicated server or are you attempting to start a
multiplayer from the machine you are plaing on? What version of UT (is it
..436? .451? or what?). What are the symptoms of the problem? Are you
setting it to advertize the server so it can be found from the server
browser? Are your clients directly connecting to the ip of the server
machine? Just what exactly is the issue?

If you have set the server to advertize and it can not be found with the
client's server browsers, then perhaps you need to check your network
connections. If your clients are trying to connect directly by using the ip
address of the server machine and are failing, perhaps you have a router in
the way or a firewall running on the server. If you are runnning a
dedicated server, have you checked the administration page to see what
events are occurring? If so, are there any events occurring? - Let's get
those questions answered first and then maybe someone will help you even
though you are a total tool who can't give any information about his problem
and then complains when people ask questions that will help discover the
friggin issue.

How?

"Andrew" <spamtrap@localhost.> ha scritto nel messaggio
> On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 13:51:25 +0200, "Sergio" <sdenisi@tiscali.it>
> wrote:
>
>>I want to play in a LAN with my friends vs. PC. Is it possible?
>
> Yes.

Meltdown

Sergio enlightened us with:
> How?

You don't even tell us which game you're talking about. This isn't
unimportant, since this group is used for UT and UT2004, even though
it's "officially" only for UT.

Besides that, you don't tell us which OS you're running, if you have
copies of the game for each computer, etc.

MeltDown
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

You're right, this group is officially used for UT and the question was
about it.
Are you sure that the OS is so important? Windows XP.
"MeltDown" <meltdownUSE@YOURunrealtower.imagination.org> ha scritto nel
messaggio news:slrncm2ng6.k5.meltdownUSE@sybren.thirdtower.com...
> Sergio enlightened us with:
>> How?
>
> You don't even tell us which game you're talking about. This isn't
> unimportant, since this group is used for UT and UT2004, even though
> it's "officially" only for UT.
>
> Besides that, you don't tell us which OS you're running, if you have
> copies of the game for each computer, etc.
>
> MeltDown
> --
> !For all your UT99/2k3/2k4 questions visit UnrealTower's FAQ section:
> ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
> !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

OK, tell me where is and what's its name.

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 17:25:19 +0200, "Sergio" <sdenisi@tiscali.it>
wrote:

>OK, tell me where is and what's its name.

It's in Monaco and it's name is Bruce.

Meltdown

Sergio enlightened us with:
> You're right, this group is officially used for UT and the question
> was about it.

Ok.

> Are you sure that the OS is so important? Windows XP.

Well, my point was more about you not giving any information. Besides
that, how hard is it to do Multiplayer -> Start new multiplayer game?

"Sergio" <sdenisi@tiscali.it> writes:
>I want to play in a LAN with my friends vs. PC. Is it possible?

Very generic question, but for UT2K4, setting up a lan party isn't
very difficult:

1) Buy a router that has enough ports for all your friends machines, and
which runs a NAT server. Your normal linksys broadband router will work
wonderfully. [1]

2) Install the game on all the machines, using a DIFFERENT registration
code for each one. [2]

3) Plug ethernet cables from each PC into the router. Make sure that the PCs
have DHCP turned on so that the PCs all get their IP address from the
router and there's no duplicates. Do a little pinging here once you have
all the PCs hooked up - it will save a lot of hair-pulling later.

4) Designate one PC as the server, and set up the game you want to play on
that PC. [3]

5) Have all the other PCs join the game. You should see the server under
the local or lan tab. *

[1] Or, you could dispense with all the wiring and use a wifi router, if
all the PCs have wireless cards and there's not more than about 8
players.

[2] Yes, I know that's not exactly required, but tough noogies.

[3] If you have a clanky old PC that's not good for much, install linux
on it and set it up as a dedicated server machine, rather than using the
in-game server. For one, it doesn't tie up a PC with a good graphics
card that would be better for a player to be sitting at. For two, you
can leave the server up for use on the internet once your friends go
home - just password protect it and forward the game ports to that
machine in your router.
like corkscrews.

Multiplayer -> Start multiplayer game doesn't let me play with my friends
against PC. Probably you and Bruce are friends and your answer is the most
intelligent I've ever heard. Thank you very much.
"Folk" <Folk@folk.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 17:25:19 +0200, "Sergio" <sdenisi@tiscali.it>
> wrote:
>
>>OK, tell me where is and what's its name.
>
> It's in Monaco and it's name is Bruce.

Multiplayer -> Start multiplayer game doesn't let me play with my friends
against PC. Thank you. I don't need other answers of this kind.
messaggio news:slrncm2r0s.269.meltdownUSE@sybren.thirdtower.com...

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 18:09:26 +0200, "Sergio" <sdenisi@tiscali.it>
wrote:

>Multiplayer -> Start multiplayer game doesn't let me play with my friends
>against PC. Probably you and Bruce are friends and your answer is the most
>intelligent I've ever heard. Thank you very much.

Bruce is my special friend.

Google should be yours.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&as_qdr=all&q=unreal+lan+game+setup

>I want to play in a LAN with my friends vs. PC. Is it possible?

HI
I Believe what he is trying to ask is :
" Is it possible to play a game networked, between 2 people with bots?"

Atleast thats all i can guess he is asking

Andrew

On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 22:21:07 GMT, "Weirdo19"
<the_weirdo@@@blueyonder@NO-SPAM.co.uk> wrote:

>Atleast thats all i can guess he is asking

Given the total lack of information he is providing, all anyone can do
is guess.

Meltdown

goPostal enlightened us with:
> BTW, hello all.

Hi goPostal!

I've been trying to reach you for months dude! How's life? Anyways,
drop me an email.

"MeltDown" <meltdownUSE@YOURunrealtower.imagination.org> wrote in message
> goPostal enlightened us with:
>> BTW, hello all.
>
> Hi goPostal!
>
> I've been trying to reach you for months dude! How's life? Anyways,
> drop me an email.
>
> MeltDown

Life is really grand (now). We finally got moved. Honestly I thought the
damn moving truck trip was *NEVER* going to end. It was just shy of 3000
miles. The fun part went out about 500 miles into it. Got to see some
beautiful country but I'm glad it's over. Life on the west coast is so
different. The people are much more relaxed here.
I've been going through internet withdrawal but I got hooked up to cable
now. The difference between that and DSL is just Wow!
Anyhow, I've about gotten settled with the new job, house, and coastal
living. Anyone still actually play? :)

Oh, and Melt, I owe you an apology. About a week after I left, my (your)
package came back to my old office. It was returned because it was packaged
incorrectly. I used a domestic Priority Mail box and you cannot ship those
overseas. I've got it now and I'll try to re-package and send it today or
tomorrow. My apologies it has taken so long to get to, but I have had an
incredible amount of stuff to get done. My new email is
kellycrys@REMOVEcharter.net None of my old ones work now.

Meltdown

goPostal enlightened us with:
> Oh, and Melt, I owe you an apology. About a week after I left, my
> (your) package came back to my old office. It was returned because
> it was packaged incorrectly.

I'm glad to hear that! I mean, I was afraid it got "lost" somewhere.

> My apologies it has taken so long to get to, but I have had an
> incredible amount of stuff to get done.

Apologies accepted - I expected as much.

> My new email is kellycrys@REMOVEcharter.net None of my old ones
> work now.

Got it!