Lexar 32 MB USB stick not recognized.

MarkSThomp

Honorable
Nov 2, 2012
I have a Lexar 32 GB USB drive which is not detected. Using Windows 7. ( No light comes on)
I have tried it on several computers but it does not show up.
No apparent damage to the USB connection.
Other USB sticks work fine in this port.
Is there a way to cause this stick to actually work?
Is there a solution to send the stick somewhere for a reasonably priced recovery of its contents?
Thanks in advance,
Mark

abbadon_34

Distinguished
does it make a sound when you plug it in , the "connected" sound other usb devices make? have you tried both USB2.0 and 3.0, as well as disconnecting all other usb and plugging this one directly into the computer (no card readers or extensions). if still not working you're probably out of luck, and most data recovery is only "reasonably priced" for the corporate consumer

MarkSThomp

Honorable
Nov 2, 2012
It does not make a sound. Not sure how to select USB 2 Vs 3. I have tried disconnecting all other USB devices. The only devices regularly connected are the HP Internal CD Rom and a USB Mouse. I continue to be optomistic that someone will know how to make it work.

Your USB stick is broken and will need to be replaced

demwilliams

Honorable
Oct 4, 2012
Hi, you can call the Lexar support at 1-877-747-4031 for technical support, or go to www.lexar.com, click on support and there you can chat with a lexar agent for assistence with your Lexar drive.

Maarten Abbring

Honorable
Apr 8, 2013

The support wizzard is not functioning. Can't add any products to register. I tried the latest browsers versions (IE, Firefox & Chrome) on both Windows XP and Ubuntu.

This makes me avoid Lexar for future purchases.