Very high temperatures...

skittles_man

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2010
iya Folks,

I have been experiencing crashes Whenever I start a game (Mafia II, Starcraft II) and other high end games ... my pc shuts off without warning. It just clicks off and I would have to physically press the power button to boot it back up.

It is rather frustrating. I assumed it was the PSU (which was 500W) and I upgraded to a 700W recently. It seems to have done nothing as I am still idling my gfx card @ 75-80.

What is the problem?

specs:

Gfx Card: ATI HD4850
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E7300 @ 2.66GHz
Motherboard: Intel DG31PR
RAM: 4GB

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

skittles_man

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2010
I have one case fan.

This is an older pc that I've been upgrading slowly...

The only components I have not upgraded are:

MOTHERBOARD: It is a INTEL DG31PR
CASE: I am still using the old case from 3 years ago... it is a regular case.

I am not sure what to do here...

Also, I experience a lot of HANGS when restarting windows... so much so that it is one of my hated pc-related activities (rebooting) as it is a game of luck whether orn ot I'll be let back into windows (and then usually it runs fine once I'm in) I am running Windows 7 home...

help?

If that screen shot was at Idle, then no wonder it's giving problems. Core 0 and 1 temps should be around mid to upper 30's. 62 C at max load (running prime 95). My E6400 OCed to 3.2 only reaches about 58 C running intel's TAT (Higher load than using prime 95). Might try using CPUID HWMonitor just to see if both programs show the same temps.

If you have had the PC shut down do to problems multiple times, then once you get the problem fix, reload windows.

dEAne

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009
Yes clean up your computer first then try changing the thermal paste of your Processor and CPU Cooler then go to your BIOS, check the hard ware monitor is the temp are ok. From what I see on the figure I think you don't have a good CPU cooler and also try improving your case ventilation.