Cannot access Local Users and Groups

May 15, 2005 6:21:55 PM

I'm having encountering this error when I attempt to access Local Users
and Groups under System Tools on my XP Pro box. --> "Unable to access
the computer [NAME]. The error was: Moniker cannot open the file"

The computer is not part of a domain (not ever I believe), however, it
was an upgrade from Win2k. The O/S is running SP1 with most updates.

I can't seem to locate an answer to this one via Google; it may very
well be something simple but I've been stumped on this for a couple of
weeks now. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Paul
Anonymous
May 19, 2005 5:35:54 PM

"afs_solutions" wrote:
> I'm having encountering this error when I attempt to access
> Local Users
> and Groups under System Tools on my XP Pro box. --> "Unable to
> access
> the computer [NAME]. The error was: Moniker cannot open the
> file"
>
> The computer is not part of a domain (not ever I believe),
> however, it
> was an upgrade from Win2k. The O/S is running SP1 with most
> updates.
>
> I can't seem to locate an answer to this one via Google; it
> may very
> well be something simple but I've been stumped on this for a
> couple of
> weeks now. Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Paul

Are there any other errors listed in Event Viewer when you try to do
this?

Check if there are any other errors being generated on bootup as well.
System and Application logs.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Configuration-Manage-acces...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1217590
!