Win 7 installs the "Standard VGA driver by default. Installing the manufacturer's driver gives a black screen and the system goes no further. The fix is to boot in safe mode, remove the ATI driver, and reboot. Win 7 again installs the standard vga driver.
The standard vga driver does not support any of the goodies claimed for the 3450-dvi video card, such as 3d.
2) Download your new driver to the same place.
3) In Add/remove programs, uninstall any Nvidia or ATI vga drivers and programs.
4) Boot into safe mode. Press F8 repeatedly while booting to enter safe mode. Your display resolution may be minimal.
5) Run driversweeper. Check the selection boxes for the removal of all nvidia vga drivers and ati drivers.
6) Rerun driversweeper. All such components should be gone.
7) Install the new driver from the desktop or saved location.