Newly built computer won't turn on.

Tartanfury

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
Long time lurker, first time poster. I decided to build my first computer this summer and started today. It's a M4A89GTD Pro with AMD Phenom II inside an Antec Sonata III case, which comes with its own 500w power supply. I'm also using a Sapphire 5770, 2x2 GB Crucial RAM. 1TB Western Digital as well.

I put it together following the mobo manual, but when I try to turn it on, it won't even power on. No lights, no sound, nothing. It's as if there's no power going into it. It's plugged in, the PWR and RESET cables are in, the 24 pin is in as well as the 8 pin 12V. The video card is plugged in. Is there any detail I could be forgetting? If I'm leaving out important information, let me know and I'll fill you in on it.

Thanks in advance!

Tartanfury

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
Reversing the polarity of the POWER SW did not work, I don't think. There is something new I noticed, though. When I push the power button, there are two small blue lights that light up in the front panel very briefly. If I push the power again, they don't reappear. They only reappear when I turn off the system then turn it back on then press the power button.