Weird Lines When playing Games on my monitor

bodock10

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
I didnt know what category to put this in soo..

Well When playing Games I see greyish lines go up and down on screen.I turn of Vsync And it help a little.

I dont see them when looking at something colorful unless i look very close.i see them when looking at darkish things.

My monitor HP W1707

Is something To do with drivers or my monitor

bodock10

Distinguished
May 16, 2010

I dont think it is the video card cause when i had other video cards same thing happen.I ama try this old crt monitor out.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Could also be indicative of a system with poor airflow and the GPUs are baking. Suggest cleaning out case (if needed) and looking at airflow. Also, if you are overclocking....stop. Pop the side of the case off and run that way to see what happens.

BTW, seems this is the second GPU to fail. What was the first one? Could also be a marginal PSU not pumping quite enough power to the GPU, but need to know more on the first card.

bodock10

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
Im shur that is not airflow cause my case temps is around 25c and cpu is at 50ish c on load.My gpu also keeps around 50 at load.Could it be the vga cables.Should i use Dvi cause i always use dvi to vga Dongle and i heard the cuts the quality out a bit :hello: