Problem with my camera

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
December 27, 2004 4:17:19 PM

I have recently came across a problem with my digital camera. When I try to
connect the usb cable to the pc the computer cant seem to find my camera so
I am unable to get the pictures off the camera and onto the computer. This
problem only started after I installed an external hard drive. However, I
unplugged the drive but the problem still exists. Can someone give me any
advice on how I might fix this issue.

More about : problem camera

Anonymous
December 27, 2004 5:02:28 PM

Me <Me@somewherenear.net> wrote in

> I have recently came across a problem with my digital camera. When I
> try to connect the usb cable to the pc the computer cant seem to find
> my camera so I am unable to get the pictures off the camera and onto
> the computer. This problem only started after I installed an external
> hard drive. However, I unplugged the drive but the problem still
> exists. Can someone give me any advice on how I might fix this issue.

It is a fair chance that your camera is an external hard drive.

If you have Windows XP or 2000 then you should not install any
drivers - not for your camera and not for your external hard drive.
Both should work without new drivers.

Try to deinstall the external hard drive drivers and see if it
still is working and if the camera then is working to.

If you have Windows 95/98/ME, then I don't know. Maybe upgrade.
Those oldies are rather annoying thingies really.

/Roland
Anonymous
December 27, 2004 6:37:07 PM

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 13:17:19 GMT, Me <Me@somewherenear.net> wrote:

>I have recently came across a problem with my digital camera. When I try to
>connect the usb cable to the pc the computer cant seem to find my camera so
>I am unable to get the pictures off the camera and onto the computer. This
>problem only started after I installed an external hard drive. However, I
>unplugged the drive but the problem still exists. Can someone give me any
>advice on how I might fix this issue.

I had the same problem. Do you have a backup software program (like
Acronis, which invisibly takes up the next drive letter and sometimes
short circuits any kind of removable storage from finding a drive
letter). In any case, click on My Computer-Control
Panel-Administration Tools, and go to Computer Management, open up
Storage, click on Disk Management, (do this with your camera hooked up
and turned on) and see what drives show up. There's a good chance you
will see your camera there. That is a starting point for solving your
problem. Also, try uninstall whatever software you may be using to
download from the camera, and with the camera plugged in, re-install
the software. Ken.
December 27, 2004 9:15:33 PM

>connect the usb cable to the pc the computer cant seem to find my camera so
>I am unable to get the pictures off the camera and onto the computer. This
>problem only started after I installed an external hard drive. However, I
>unplugged the drive but the problem still exists. Can someone give me any
>advice on how I might fix this issue.

Yes,

Buy a card reader

Rosita
December 27, 2004 10:41:44 PM

hrosita@aol.comnet (HRosita) wrote in

>>connect the usb cable to the pc the computer cant seem to find my
>>camera so I am unable to get the pictures off the camera and onto the
>>computer. This problem only started after I installed an external hard
>>drive. However, I unplugged the drive but the problem still exists.
>>Can someone give me any advice on how I might fix this issue.
>
> Yes,
>
> Buy a card reader
>
> Rosita

thanks for the tips guys. For the record my os is windows xp(sp2). I think
i will do as rosita suggests and buy a card reader
Anonymous
December 27, 2004 11:11:37 PM

Me wrote:
> hrosita@aol.comnet (HRosita) wrote in
>

>>>connect the usb cable to the pc the computer cant seem to find my
>>>camera so I am unable to get the pictures off the camera and onto the
>>>computer. This problem only started after I installed an external hard
>>>drive. However, I unplugged the drive but the problem still exists.
>>>Can someone give me any advice on how I might fix this issue.
>>
>>Yes,
>>
>>Buy a card reader
>>
>>Rosita
>>

> thanks for the tips guys. For the record my os is windows xp(sp2). I think
> i will do as rosita suggests and buy a card reader
card readers transfer the images a tad swifter too

Aerticeus
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 3:35:43 PM

> If you have Windows 95/98/ME, then I don't know. Maybe upgrade.
> Those oldies are rather annoying thingies really.

I want to get a digital camera to use with a computer that runs Windows
95: no USB port. Upgrading the operating system isn't an option. Is
getting a Sony floppy camera such as the MVC FD83 a sure and easy
solution?

Thanks,

Arnie
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 10:25:21 PM

PanSynthesis@netscape.net wrote:

>>If you have Windows 95/98/ME, then I don't know. Maybe upgrade.
>>Those oldies are rather annoying thingies really.
>>

> I want to get a digital camera to use with a computer that runs Windows
> 95: no USB port. Upgrading the operating system isn't an option. Is
> getting a Sony floppy camera such as the MVC FD83 a sure and easy
> solution?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Arnie

Horrors!
Save your money for a new computer, then get a good camera. The maximum
quality picture you can save on a floppy, even with extreme compression
just isn't adequate for any useful photography.

--
Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net
Anonymous

PanSynthesis@netscape.net wrote:

> > If you have Windows 95/98/ME, then I don't know. Maybe upgrade.
> > Those oldies are rather annoying thingies really.
> >
> I want to get a digital camera to use with a computer that runs Windows
> 95: no USB port. Upgrading the operating system isn't an option. Is
> getting a Sony floppy camera such as the MVC FD83 a sure and easy
> solution?

You could, perhaps, get a SCSCI card for the computer, and a SCSI card
reader.

Lisa
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 11:55:52 PM

PanSynthesis@netscape.net wrote:

>>If you have Windows 95/98/ME, then I don't know. Maybe upgrade.
>>Those oldies are rather annoying thingies really.
>>

> I want to get a digital camera to use with a computer that runs Windows
> 95: no USB port. Upgrading the operating system isn't an option. Is
> getting a Sony floppy camera such as the MVC FD83 a sure and easy
> solution?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Arnie

Hi Arnie...

If you're really adamant that you won't upgrade to 98se
or better, there are still a few options available to you.

If you don't mind used, you could buy and older Olympus
that goes back far enough to use serial transfers. D-460z
did; perhaps new might. Anyone know the last oly to use
serial?

Or to widen the range for you, you could grab any Oly
old enough to use smart media. Then find a floppy adapter
on e-bay to read them with. I suspect the "best" Oly to
still use smart media was the c-720uz. Others?

And I know there's at least one serial smart card reader
out there. Less than 10 dollars. Search e-bay for
serial reader. (don't get waylaid by the sim card readers,
though)

Take care.

Ken
Anonymous
January 28, 2005 12:08:50 AM

Ken Weitzel wrote:

> PanSynthesis@netscape.net wrote:
>

>>>If you have Windows 95/98/ME, then I don't know. Maybe upgrade.
>>>Those oldies are rather annoying thingies really.
>>>

>> I want to get a digital camera to use with a computer that runs Windows
>> 95: no USB port. Upgrading the operating system isn't an option. Is
>> getting a Sony floppy camera such as the MVC FD83 a sure and easy
>> solution?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Arnie
>
> Hi Arnie...
>
> If you're really adamant that you won't upgrade to 98se
> or better, there are still a few options available to you.
>
> If you don't mind used, you could buy and older Olympus
> that goes back far enough to use serial transfers. D-460z
> did; perhaps new might. Anyone know the last oly to use
> serial?
>
> Or to widen the range for you, you could grab any Oly
> old enough to use smart media. Then find a floppy adapter
> on e-bay to read them with. I suspect the "best" Oly to
> still use smart media was the c-720uz. Others?

The c-730uz still does, it uses either smartmedia or xd

--
al-Farrob
--

al-Farrob wrote:
> Ken Weitzel wrote:

>>>I want to get a digital camera to use with a computer that runs Windows
>>>95: no USB port. Upgrading the operating system isn't an option. Is
>>>getting a Sony floppy camera such as the MVC FD83 a sure and easy
>>>solution?
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>
>>>Arnie
>>
>>Hi Arnie...
>>
>>If you're really adamant that you won't upgrade to 98se
>>or better, there are still a few options available to you.
>>
>>If you don't mind used, you could buy and older Olympus
>>that goes back far enough to use serial transfers. D-460z
>>did; perhaps new might. Anyone know the last oly to use
>>serial?
>>
>>Or to widen the range for you, you could grab any Oly
>>old enough to use smart media. Then find a floppy adapter
>>on e-bay to read them with. I suspect the "best" Oly to
>>still use smart media was the c-720uz. Others?
>

> The c-730uz still does, it uses either smartmedia or xd
>

>>And I know there's at least one serial smart card reader
>>out there. Less than 10 dollars. Search e-bay for
>>serial reader. (don't get waylaid by the sim card readers,
>>though)

Another option:

CompactFlash to IDE adaptors exist. They are often (perhaps always?)
NOT hot-swappable (power down to insert and remove the card). I've seen
'em for like 15 dollars at computer swap meets.
Anonymous
January 28, 2005 12:35:50 AM

PanSynthesis@netscape.net wrote in news:1106858143.031343.286640
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

> I want to get a digital camera to use with a computer that runs Windows
> 95: no USB port. Upgrading the operating system isn't an option. Is
> getting a Sony floppy camera such as the MVC FD83 a sure and easy
> solution?

Hmmmm ... today you can get a decent computer for $300 or so.
Whats the big deal with trying to get a camera that fits your
old one?

/Roland
Anonymous
January 28, 2005 1:20:51 AM

In article <szcKd.191066$6l.15957@pd7tw2no>, Ken Weitzel says...

> PanSynthesis@netscape.net wrote:
>

> >>If you have Windows 95/98/ME, then I don't know. Maybe upgrade.
> >>Those oldies are rather annoying thingies really.
> >>

> > I want to get a digital camera to use with a computer that runs Windows
> > 95: no USB port. Upgrading the operating system isn't an option. Is
> > getting a Sony floppy camera such as the MVC FD83 a sure and easy
> > solution?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Arnie
>
> Hi Arnie...
>
> If you're really adamant that you won't upgrade to 98se
> or better, there are still a few options available to you.
>
> If you don't mind used, you could buy and older Olympus
> that goes back far enough to use serial transfers. D-460z
> did; perhaps new might. Anyone know the last oly to use
> serial?
>
> Or to widen the range for you, you could grab any Oly
> old enough to use smart media. Then find a floppy adapter
> on e-bay to read them with. I suspect the "best" Oly to
> still use smart media was the c-720uz. Others?

The 5050.
--

Alfred Molon
January 28, 2005 1:26:21 AM

Ken Weitzel wrote:

> PanSynthesis@netscape.net wrote:
>

>>> If you have Windows 95/98/ME, then I don't know. Maybe upgrade.
>>> Those oldies are rather annoying thingies really.
>>>

>> I want to get a digital camera to use with a computer that runs Windows
>> 95: no USB port. Upgrading the operating system isn't an option. Is
>> getting a Sony floppy camera such as the MVC FD83 a sure and easy
>> solution?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Arnie
>

> Hi Arnie...
>
> If you're really adamant that you won't upgrade to 98se
> or better, there are still a few options available to you.
>
> If you don't mind used, you could buy and older Olympus
> that goes back far enough to use serial transfers. D-460z
> did; perhaps new might. Anyone know the last oly to use
> serial?
>
> Or to widen the range for you, you could grab any Oly
> old enough to use smart media. Then find a floppy adapter
> on e-bay to read them with. I suspect the "best" Oly to
> still use smart media was the c-720uz. Others?
>
> And I know there's at least one serial smart card reader
> out there. Less than 10 dollars. Search e-bay for
> serial reader. (don't get waylaid by the sim card readers,
> though)
>
> Take care.
>
> Ken

Hi,
And Kodak DC**** the old ones which uses serial port.
Tony
January 28, 2005 2:45:37 AM

I did a search on ebay for compact flash parallel and found a few CF card
readers which go on the parallel port, real cheap too. So you can get a
good camera which uses CF cards even on W95. Faster than serial port
transfers too!

Jean

<PanSynthesis@netscape.net> a écrit dans le message de

> > If you have Windows 95/98/ME, then I don't know. Maybe upgrade.
> > Those oldies are rather annoying thingies really.
> >
> I want to get a digital camera to use with a computer that runs Windows
> 95: no USB port. Upgrading the operating system isn't an option. Is
> getting a Sony floppy camera such as the MVC FD83 a sure and easy
> solution?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Arnie

January 28, 2005 3:33:21 AM

On 27 Jan 2005 12:35:43 -0800, PanSynthesis@netscape.net wrote:
>> If you have Windows 95/98/ME, then I don't know. Maybe upgrade.
>> Those oldies are rather annoying thingies really.
>>
>I want to get a digital camera to use with a computer that runs Windows
>95: no USB port. Upgrading the operating system isn't an option. Is
>getting a Sony floppy camera such as the MVC FD83 a sure and easy
>solution?

Adapters are/were made to read CF and other cards in a PC card slot.
The CF to PC(MCIA) adapters were passive devices and inexpensive. I
note that SanDisk still shows two such readers in their product list.
One is for CF Type 1 cards only, the other handles multiple formats.
I have no idea whether there would be any compatibility issues using
such an adapter with Win95. A desktop would also need a PCMCIA
adapter card to use these, which could be another driver issue. I
avoided the problem with a new HP/Centrino laptop, as my old 95 laptop
had too little disk capacity (or anything else) to handle photos.

DaveT
Anonymous
January 28, 2005 5:14:52 AM

Lisa Horton wrote:

> PanSynthesis@netscape.net wrote:
>
>>>If you have Windows 95/98/ME, then I don't know. Maybe upgrade.
>>>Those oldies are rather annoying thingies really.
>>>

>>I want to get a digital camera to use with a computer that runs Windows
>>95: no USB port. Upgrading the operating system isn't an option. Is
>>getting a Sony floppy camera such as the MVC FD83 a sure and easy
>>solution?
>>

> You could, perhaps, get a SCSCI card for the computer, and a SCSI card
> reader.
>
> Lisa

A good used computer with USB might be cheaper.

--
Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net
Anonymous
January 28, 2005 5:50:31 AM

Ron Hunter wrote:
> PanSynthesis@netscape.net wrote:
>

>>> If you have Windows 95/98/ME, then I don't know. Maybe upgrade.
>>> Those oldies are rather annoying thingies really.
>>>

>> I want to get a digital camera to use with a computer that runs Windows
>> 95: no USB port. Upgrading the operating system isn't an option. Is
>> getting a Sony floppy camera such as the MVC FD83 a sure and easy
>> solution?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Arnie
>>
> Horrors!
> Save your money for a new computer, then get a good camera. The maximum
> quality picture you can save on a floppy, even with extreme compression
> just isn't adequate for any useful photography.

You can take good pictures with any camera, including the one I have - the Kodak
DX6490. Most files are < 1MB in size and rarely do they go over 1.5MB. 95% would
fit on a floppy. It would be a pain to only be able to save 2 pictures to a disk
though.

My Digital World:
Kodak DX6490, Canon i9950, Pioneer A05;
Hitachi 37" HD plasma display, DGTEC 2000A,
Denon 2800, H/K AVR4500, Whatmough Encore;
Sony Ericsson K700i, Palm Tungsten T.

Disclaimer:
given nor endorsed by it.
Anonymous
January 28, 2005 5:50:32 AM

Ben Thomas wrote:
> Ron Hunter wrote:

>>> I want to get a digital camera to use with a computer that runs Windows
>>> 95: no USB port. Upgrading the operating system isn't an option. Is
>>> getting a Sony floppy camera such as the MVC FD83 a sure and easy
>>> solution?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Arnie
>>>
>> Horrors!
>> Save your money for a new computer, then get a good camera. The
>> maximum quality picture you can save on a floppy, even with extreme
>> compression just isn't adequate for any useful photography.
>>

> You can take good pictures with any camera, including the one I have -
> the Kodak DX6490. Most files are < 1MB in size and rarely do they go
> over 1.5MB. 95% would fit on a floppy. It would be a pain to only be
> able to save 2 pictures to a disk though.

Not a practical concept. If the storage medium won't store at least 20
pictures, then it just doesn't make sense. In your case, that would
mean compressing the picture to a point where the pictures wouldn't be
worth showing to anyone. Floppies are DEAD. Finally!

--
Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net
Anonymous
January 28, 2005 11:14:53 AM

Thanks for many interesting suggestions.

Since no one has said otherwise, I take it that what I suggested (using
a Sony camera that accepts a floppy) will get me picture files I can
open on my Win95 computer? It just doesn't appeal to those of you who
prefer better pictures, greater convenience, and more up-to-date
computers.

I should explain that I am looking for a very cheap way (less than
$100) to get a few minimum-quality pictures onto the computer for
display of goods to put up for auction. Also, I don't want to fuss with
the computer too much.

The computer does have a SCSCI port, however, so maybe I will do some
research on one poster's suggestion to adapt flash cards to SCSCI. That
might be the better way to go, if cameras with these flash cards can be
had for less than one of the Sony floppy cameras.
Thanks again, and keep 'em coming if you're inclined.

-Arnie
Anonymous
January 28, 2005 12:58:01 PM

Ron Hunter wrote:

> Lisa Horton wrote:

> >>I want to get a digital camera to use with a computer that runs Windows
> >>95: no USB port. Upgrading the operating system isn't an option. Is
> >>getting a Sony floppy camera such as the MVC FD83 a sure and easy
> >>solution?
> >>

> > You could, perhaps, get a SCSCI card for the computer, and a SCSI card
> > reader.
> >
> > Lisa
>
> A good used computer with USB might be cheaper.

I agree, that is quite possible.

Lisa
Anonymous
January 28, 2005 2:48:37 PM

PanSynthesis@netscape.net wrote:
> Thanks for many interesting suggestions.
>
> Since no one has said otherwise, I take it that what I suggested (using
> a Sony camera that accepts a floppy) will get me picture files I can
> open on my Win95 computer? It just doesn't appeal to those of you who
> prefer better pictures, greater convenience, and more up-to-date
> computers.
>
> I should explain that I am looking for a very cheap way (less than
> $100) to get a few minimum-quality pictures onto the computer for
> display of goods to put up for auction. Also, I don't want to fuss with
> the computer too much.
>
> The computer does have a SCSCI port, however, so maybe I will do some
> research on one poster's suggestion to adapt flash cards to SCSCI. That
> might be the better way to go, if cameras with these flash cards can be
> had for less than one of the Sony floppy cameras.
> Thanks again, and keep 'em coming if you're inclined.
>
> -Arnie

I believe there are, or were, adapters that will allow USB to Parallel,
which is another possibility, and faster than either floppy (and without
the size restriction), or serial.

--
Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net
Anonymous
January 28, 2005 6:51:26 PM

In article <41F9C00E.8E3E7402@lisahorton.net>, Lisa091704@lisahorton.net
says...
> > I want to get a digital camera to use with a computer that runs Windows
> > 95: no USB port. Upgrading the operating system isn't an option.

I vaguely remember upgrading an old W95 system to make USB work. Many
motherboards of that vintage included a USB controller, but did not have
the cables installed to the back panel as W95 did not support USB
initially (needed OSR2 I think). It was a bit of a fiddle to install
a panel and I would expect you could get a 2nd hand computer with USB
support for peanuts. That would also have a faster processor and more
memory that you will need for editing your images.
Anonymous
January 28, 2005 11:29:21 PM

If you are using Win 95, 98, or Me then do not waste your time. You, in
today's day do not have a computer. You do not even have a toy. But
you do have aggravation. You can build an appropriate computer for under
$1,000. If you cannot afford that then you should use a film camera and
find a good lab.

Lisa Horton wrote:

>Ron Hunter wrote:
>

>>Lisa Horton wrote:

>>>You could, perhaps, get a SCSCI card for the computer, and a SCSI card
>>>reader.
>>>
>>>Lisa
>>>

>>A good used computer with USB might be cheaper.
>>

>I agree, that is quite possible.
>
>Lisa

Anonymous
January 29, 2005 3:27:11 PM

Rubbish!

I am running a P4 1600 with W98SE and it works fine for editing/restoring
photographs, creating slide shows, editing sound files and so on.

I use Photoshop, PhotoImpact, Corel Draw, Cool Edit 2000, PageMaker and
other pro level software. No problems with USB either.

I have less problems using W98SE than I do on my other computers which have
XP.

What is important is that you know what you need to achieve what you are
trying to do. The original poster knows that.

I have a digital camera that uses the serial port. While the number of
pixels are low by current standards, the quality of the photo is more than
good enough for posting to the web. It runs under W95 on a 486.

Allan

> If you are using Win 95, 98, or Me then do not waste your time. You, in
> today's day do not have a computer. You do not even have a toy. But
> you do have aggravation. You can build an appropriate computer for under
> $1,000. If you cannot afford that then you should use a film camera and
> find a good lab.
>
> Lisa Horton wrote:
>
> >Ron Hunter wrote:

Windows

> >>A good used computer with USB might be cheaper.
> >>

> >I agree, that is quite possible.
> >
> >Lisa

Anonymous
January 29, 2005 11:35:05 PM

On 27 Jan 2005 12:35:43 -0800, PanSynthesis@netscape.net wrote:

>> If you have Windows 95/98/ME, then I don't know. Maybe upgrade.
>> Those oldies are rather annoying thingies really.
>>
>I want to get a digital camera to use with a computer that runs Windows
>95: no USB port. Upgrading the operating system isn't an option. Is
>getting a Sony floppy camera such as the MVC FD83 a sure and easy
>solution?

I used an Olympus C-3030 with Windows 95, no USB... just used a
FlashPath Floppy Drive reader to download pix at first... later added
a parallel port smartmedia card reader which was faster.

No problems.

So while a Sony floppy camera is one solution, it is not the ONLY
solution...

I don't know if the FlashPath readers are still being made, but you
could probably pick up a used one.

Me, any camera that can fit pix on a floppy is probably compressing
images too much for my taste.

Cynthia
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 11:39:50 PM

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 19:25:21 -0600, Ron Hunter <rphunter@charter.net>
wrote:

>PanSynthesis@netscape.net wrote:
>>
>>>If you have Windows 95/98/ME, then I don't know. Maybe upgrade.
>>>Those oldies are rather annoying thingies really.
>>>

>> I want to get a digital camera to use with a computer that runs Windows
>> 95: no USB port. Upgrading the operating system isn't an option. Is
>> getting a Sony floppy camera such as the MVC FD83 a sure and easy
>> solution?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Arnie
>>
>Horrors!
>Save your money for a new computer, then get a good camera. The maximum
>quality picture you can save on a floppy, even with extreme compression
>just isn't adequate for any useful photography.

Yeah, but she doesn't HAVE to use a floppy camera. Like I said in my
last post, I used an Olympus C-3030 with smartmedia and a parallel
port card reader. You'd have to hunt out the card reader or a
FlashPath floppy disk adapter, but they turn up on eBay.

A card reader is preferred... as it will be faster to transfer
pictures than the FlashPath Floppy Adapter.

But true, a new computer would not be a bad thing these days.

Cynthia
Anonymous
January 30, 2005 11:06:44 PM

>I want to get a digital camera to use with a computer that runs Windows
>95: no USB port. Upgrading the operating system isn't an option. Is
>getting a Sony floppy camera such as the MVC FD83 a sure and easy
>solution?

A Sony Mavica may well suit your needs. The review of the FD83 on
megapixel.net says:

"Image quality
Besides their ease of use, there are other reasons which explain why the
Mavica cameras have been well-received. The first is probably their
above average optics; the second, their generally reliable metering
system and good image colour rendition. The FD83, like other Mavica
cameras, is simple to master and yet provides basic controls to further
improve standard daylight photography. This model's maximum true
resolution of 1024 x 768 produces images with a sufficient level of
detail for many applications.
Printouts of the photos we took with the FD83 on a colour ink jet
printer, produced excellent images at 192 DPI. The printed photos,
measuring 13.5cm x 10.6cm (5.33 x 4 inches), looked like standard, mini-
lab printed photos: no visible jaggies and good colour."

Other alternatives are:

A. To get a camera that uses SmartMedia together with a FlashPath floppy
adapter. This adapter will support SM cards up to 128Mb on Windows 95
versions OSR 1 through to OSR 2.5.

B. Get a parallel port card reader such as the Lexar Digital Film
Reader. This is powered from the keyboard connector so there is no need
for a power adapter; it will read both Compact Flash and Smart Media.
The instructions say that it will run on Windows 95 and needs as a
minimum a 486 Pentium with 16Mb of RAM.

I have used both methods in the past and they worked well although not
fast by modern standards.

--
David Wright
!