New office computer

ecurb

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: this week

BUDGET RANGE: the lower the better (under 600)

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: office work, multitasking.. excel, word, outlook, quickbooks, internet browsing.. ect

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: everything except keyboard, mouse, monitor

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: newegg

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: US

PARTS PREFERENCES: no preference

OVERCLOCKING: No

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: No

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1080, plan on dual monitors

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS:

$305AR, +$100 for OS
Use Analogue (VGA) + Digital out (DVI or HDMI) for dual monitors
Untitled-400.jpg

Cuthroat12

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2011
Thanks Mr. Pizza. I got to this post too late though and the deals on NewEgg had expired. My processor and mobo are the biggest deal, I couldn't view what you posted. Was this an LGA775 socket and if so whats the fastest proccesor for it. On another though, the power consumption will be low and I found a 300 watt power supply and a 500 watt from some of my old builds. The biggest thing though is that because there is a shortage of HDD, that's a lot of the cost ($169). I have 4 PATA drives laying around, 2 are 7200 RPM. If I could use these then I could get the best most reliable mother board, processor etc and have a real nice office comp at a affordable cost. I appreciate your help and apologize but I lost the post, lol. Thanks for your help. Note: My mother board selection has been the hardest thing there are SO MANY options. I dont want overclocking etc but want SATA etc. I also wish I could go 1155 but that may be excessive and wasteful for an office comp. Too many decisions for me, motherboard is a good start. CD-roms are cheap, would like USB 3.0 but I don't think she will ever use it although I use a 3.0 flash drive so it's possible. Thanks again.

Also, I reviewed AMD, but have always been a fan of Intel. I would still like a good place to learn about their stuff, not just current. I'll stick around AMD's site and toms hardware. If you have any suggestions let me know. Thanks.