How to "Send To: both DVD-RW and CD-RW drives in one PC

Hi

I want to be able to have the option to "Send To" both drives when using Win
XP to copy files to CD. However, if I set the properties on one drive, it
removes that option on the other drive.

Your help would appreciated.

Cheers

Sarki.

map

Sarki wrote:
> Hi
>
> I want to be able to have the option to "Send To" both drives when
> using Win XP to copy files to CD. However, if I set the properties
> on one drive, it removes that option on the other drive.
>
> Your help would appreciated.
>
> Cheers
>
> Sarki.

You need a third party app. to do that, such as Nero.
When you enable one device for burning in XP the other one is disabled.
--
Mike Pawlak

On Sun, 15 May 2005 21:32:02 -0700, Sarki wrote:

> Hi
>
> I want to be able to have the option to "Send To" both drives when using Win
> XP to copy files to CD. However, if I set the properties on one drive, it
> removes that option on the other drive.
>
> Your help would appreciated.
>
> Cheers
>
> Sarki.

MAP has posted about XP's CD burning. I ran into this using an OEM supplied
copy of Nero. While I was able to get the program to work with one drive
or the other, I could not get it to run with both drives. When I went to
Ahead's website to find out why, I found a logical explanation. The the
free version is limited to one drive - usually the one the software shipped
with. Obtaining the paid version of Nero resolves the issue.

If you are using third party burning software, it may have similar
restrictions when there is more than one burner.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Hi Sharon F and MAP

Tks for your posts - much appreciated. It's a pity that you can't get full
functionality with Win XP because there are problems if you have different
versions of Nero as I do at home and at the office which mean the CDs aren't
compatible. If I was able to Win XP then the problem goes away. Perhaps
Microsoft can include this feature in the future.

Cheers

Sandie.

Sarki wrote:
> Tks for your posts - much appreciated. It's a pity that you can't
> get full functionality with Win XP because there are problems if you
> have different versions of Nero as I do at home and at the office
> which mean the CDs aren't compatible. If I was able to Win XP then
> the problem goes away. Perhaps Microsoft can include this feature in
> the future.

If you don't use Nero and don't use packet writing (erasing and rewriting
the CD completely instead) - then Windows XP's non-packet writing works fine
for CDs. DVD support will not be around (according to the latest MS
information) until the next version of Windows (Longhorn.)

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP