Hardware problems

KingDJ7

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2010
I need some advise on what's going,just other day the electricity went out and my PC got hit i think...anyways ever since I've been having problems with my PC in terms of performance its moving slow at times.However, just like the other day i was playing Dead Space and i know my PC specs are way beyond its requirements cause my rig specs are:3Gigs DDR2,Geforce 8500GT and a AMD Phenom 9500 Quad core @ 2.2GHZ .So i was wondering if its because of the power outage it could may have damage my motherboard or something cause not even my CMOS battery is functioning properly.I right now i'm planing on upgrading to a DDR3 game rig in stead.

KingDJ7

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2010
I've already tried all of those but i think its my CMOS battery cause ever since after the whole power issue i have to press down on the battery in order for my PC to boot.And cause of this dunno what to do because its the first i'm experiencing this.Other than i was playing Dead Space all maxed out but all of a sudden its lagging out like hell.

grab CPU-Z and GPU-Z enable background logging on GPU-Z and check of the clock speeds that it runs at while gaming are the right clock speeds and temperatures. A normal power outage wont cause any problems, but if there was a power spike than there is a possibly.

KingDJ7

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2010
But by any chance could it be the CMOS that is the one causing the problem cause i heard that it can give out at any time.But what if i should change out the CMOS probably it would stop giving problems?

KingDJ7

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2010
I'm planning on get the AMD Athlon II X4 640 Quad core 2.8GHZ along with the GIGABYTE GA-870A-UD3 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard and at least 4GIGs DDR3 and a HD Radeon 5770.