New build - freezes on video streaming

Cywren

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
Hey there, (system in sig)

I just built a new system a few weeks ago and most everything is working wonderfully. However, I have had 3 freezes and after the last one I figured I needed to get some help as I'm newer to troubleshooting issues.

The first "freeze": Last week, streaming video - speakers stuttered, screen froze, couldn't do a thing, had to force a reboot

Second: Youtube video, stuttering speakers, screen froze, forced reboot

Third: Same as first.

I have checked all my drivers to make sure they're up to date as I figured that would be the first issue. My CPU temp hovers between 31 - 37 degrees. At this point I'm just out of things I know to look for :) Any help is appreciated and feel free to explain hows, whys and such as it might help me learn and avoid bothering you again ;)

To solve a similar problem in my new build, I raised the CPU voltage in the BIOS. Working fine now. Make sure you do not exceed the manufacturer's limits on voltage.

I don't think that you will have a temp problem by doing this, but pay close attention to the temps anyway.

Video processing is CPU intensive, and CPU intensive applications require more power - hence more voltage. But keep it within manufacturer's limits.