Cant access FTPs whit Windows Firewall On

I cant access any FTP Sites when the Firewall of Windows (SP2) is on.
I have allready tryed to open Port 21 TCP, and also open in the advanced tab
for both network adapters (the internet ADSL and local network).
When I try to cnnect It allaway get waiting to the server, and 60 second
later it get disconected, Saying that cant conect to the server, and that
the time for the operation has been passed.
I have tested whit Dreamweaver FTP client and Download Accelerator Plus 5,6
also whit WebFolder in Windows Explorer.
This error doesn't get if Windows Firewall is OFF.

My PC:
Pentium 4 1,7 Ghz
256 MB Ram
Windows XP Pro (whit SP2 Installed)
Norton Antivirus 2005.
Modem ADSL USB Amigo CA85UR USB EndPoint.

Thanks for your help I am really desperate

Helio Alberto Regalado Moreira

On Mon, 16 May 2005 09:16:03 -0300, Helio Alberto Regalado Moreira wrote:

> I cant access any FTP Sites when the Firewall of Windows (SP2) is on.
> I have allready tryed to open Port 21 TCP, and also open in the advanced tab
> for both network adapters (the internet ADSL and local network).
> When I try to cnnect It allaway get waiting to the server, and 60 second
> later it get disconected, Saying that cant conect to the server, and that
> the time for the operation has been passed.
> I have tested whit Dreamweaver FTP client and Download Accelerator Plus 5,6
> also whit WebFolder in Windows Explorer.
> This error doesn't get if Windows Firewall is OFF.
>
> My PC:
> Pentium 4 1,7 Ghz
> 256 MB Ram
> Windows XP Pro (whit SP2 Installed)
> Norton Antivirus 2005.
> Modem ADSL USB Amigo CA85UR USB EndPoint.
>
> Thanks for your help I am really desperate
>
> Helio Alberto Regalado Moreira

Check Internet Options> Advanced. If "passive mode" is enabled for FTP, try
disabling it. If you find the opposite (passive mode disabled), enable the
feature and test ftp transfers with it on.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

"Helio Alberto Regalado Mo" wrote:
> I cant access any FTP Sites when the Firewall of Windows (SP2)
> is on.
> I have allready tryed to open Port 21 TCP, and also open in
> the advanced tab
> for both network adapters (the internet ADSL and local
> network).
> When I try to cnnect It allaway get waiting to the server, and
> 60 second
> later it get disconected, Saying that cant conect to the
> server, and that
> the time for the operation has been passed.
> I have tested whit Dreamweaver FTP client and Download
> Accelerator Plus 5,6
> also whit WebFolder in Windows Explorer.
> This error doesn't get if Windows Firewall is OFF.
>
> My PC:
> Pentium 4 1,7 Ghz
> 256 MB Ram
> Windows XP Pro (whit SP2 Installed)
> Norton Antivirus 2005.
> Modem ADSL USB Amigo CA85UR USB EndPoint.
>
> Thanks for your help I am really desperate
>
> Helio Alberto Regalado Moreira

Is the Firewall set to run with Exceptions? If not, you will have
probs trying to access the ports.

Sometimes you also need to open up port 22 which is also for FTP.
Port 21 is the main one though.

Check that you’re set for Exceptions, and ensure that the port is
opened up within the Firewall.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Configuration-Manage-access-FTPs-whit-Windows-Firewall-ftopict373470.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1217589