Framerate drop at beggining of game.

RyanMY

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
When i play Call of Duty on PC at the beginning of the game my fps drops to about 2-7 FPS but after about 45 seconds it runs about 50-75 frames, should i get a SSD and load call of Duty onto the SDD? is it the map loading speed?
sorry if this is in the wrong section.

7200 RPM HDD
4 GB of Ram DDR2
2 Core AMD 2.4 GHZ
Nvidia GT 430

G

Doesn't seem too bad. Access time is within a reasonable range and so is the min, max and burst speed (it's probably a SATA-II drive). CPU usage seems quite high. Could you tell me specific info about your CPU? May I also ask if lowering your settings ingame help? Could you monitor your CPU and RAM usage ingame just to make sure it's not these components causing the problem? You could also monitor the temperatures using HWiNFO: http://www.hwinfo.com/

RyanMY

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
i had alot of things i cant close right now while i did that, so CPU might be high, and yea i have a SATA2, AMD Anthlon(tm) 7550 Dual-Core Processor 2.50 Ghz

G

Have you ran a defrag or a clean lately? It may help if you ran a thorough clean and defrag. I'm not suggesting that this is the absolute problem, but it's worth a try. But if you can, monitor the temperatures and resource usage while ingame.

G

Do all games suffer with this issue or just a few? Is your Hard Drive quite full or pretty empty? Does Windows perform normally otherwise? You could update your DirectX.

RyanMY

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
Got Direct X11 Most current drives, and yea that's the only issue, its a 360Gb hard drive half full, and Windows preforms fine it seems like. and Team Fortress, Starcraft and Diablo 3 are all Effected by this

G

It seems like a rather unusual issue for me to deal with. You can try and do what I've suggested and let me know how it goes, or hope for someone more experienced to help you out. Either way make sure to try what I have mentioned.