Sign in with
Your question

Motherboard - Need Help

Last response: in Motherboards
June 12, 2011 10:51:57 PM

After a few weeks of our desktop freezing up and rebooting itself randomly it finally died and could no longer boot to windows. I checked bios and noticed it no longer detect my drives. I took it to the computer shop who verified that the drives were working but the motherboard was defective. I am now having trouble finding a compatible motherboard since the original is far to expensive (Pegatron M2N78-LA or also known as Violet-GL8E). Could some please recommend a motherboard that will accept all the internal parts of the computer. The list of internal parts is as follows:

Processor - AMD Phenom-9550 (A) 2.2 GHz (95W)

3600 MHz HyperTransport 3.0

Socket AM2+

Chipset - GeForce 9100

Power supply - 350W

Memory - 8 GB (4 x 2 GB) (DDR2 240 pin)

Hard drive - 2 x1 TB SATA 3G (3.0 Gb/sec) 7200 rpm

More about : motherboard

a c 435 V Motherboard
June 12, 2011 10:58:07 PM

I recommend an msi or gigabyte with 785 chipset that uses ddr2; some 785 use ddr3 so check the specs carefully. You will need a new windows coa sticker as the original windows installation won't boot up with a non hp motherboard.
a b V Motherboard
June 13, 2011 3:17:00 AM

Given what I found on a google search you were using an HP based system. You could replace that board with http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... , but you may need to get a new chassis to go along with it. Your current chassis may have a front header that is all one piece that will most likely not fit the front header of the new motherboard (The front header connects the motherboard to the power and reset buttons along with the power and hard drive lights in the front of the case.). Check the inside of your computer near the bottom right of the board if it is you will need another Chassis for your new board but either way based on the prices I saw doing it this way will A) be cheaper and B) give you an upgrade (faster part).
Related resources
a c 435 V Motherboard
June 13, 2011 12:29:32 PM

Your board has a removable backplate, so any micro atx board will work. Some 785 boards have 4 ram slots. For a few dollars more, I recommend you switch to ddr3 now and sell your old ddr2. I found some corsair 2x2gb 1333 used for only $28 two weeks ago on craigslist, and they work great.
June 14, 2011 1:33:56 AM

Thank to everyone for responding. I have leaning towards this this board GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H for now. Seems to be a close match.

!