Iomega 1TB Media Harddrive not found

Jatske

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
Hello,

My Iomega 1TB network media drive doesn't show up in my explorer anymore. There is very important data on the harddisk, I would hate to loose those.

I've been googling what the problem might be but haven't found a solution yet. I've opened up the drive and put the hard disk in an usb disk reader. Windows recognizes the disk reader but not the disk. In the disk control panel it also doesn''t show up.
I installed Ubuntu and tried to access the drive from there, but also no luck.
The disk is still spinning and doesn't make any weird noises. I don't know what that means though, which part of the hard disk would cause the trouble.

I hope someone here can help me out.

ecryptthis

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013

ecryptthis

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013

ecryptthis

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013
I have a Win 7 - 64bit - i7, 24 gigs Ram, Zero Raid, I could only see that my Iomega was online, but it had no drive letter and I could not read the data on it, in Control Panel>Administration Tools>Computer Management>Storage>Disk management I could right click and at one point I was only able to mark the partition as active, so I did so.
The option to change drive letter and path would not work no matter what I did. There were no other options there to help assign it a (new) drive letter that worked. I even searched the Windows Help to no avail, until I did the following. I needed to determine if the drive was still good.
So took the Iomega External 1TB hard drive and connected to a laptop using Windows Vista and bam, the laptop seen it, I can access all my files, but had to access as admin, so I learned my Iomega HD was still in good working order. I had even tried uninstalling the drivers and that did no good.
So I reconnected it to my big machine Win7 - Home Premium i7 - 24gigs - Ram, Zero Raid setup.
I went into Device Manager and I uninstalled the Iomega External HD at the "DEVICE MANAGER>DISK DRIVES" location, make sure its at the Disk Drives and "not the Universal Serial Bus Controllers", and with out restarting the machine I used the "Scanned for Hardware Changes" and it located the Iomega and it brought it completely back online and assigned it a drive letter all in one shot. Then I went into Control Panel>Administration Tools>Computer Management>Storage>Disk management to see if it had assigned it a drive letter and it had. Then I went into Explorer and there is was with an assigned drive letter and complete access. Prior to that it was only online and visible in disk management only, but not visible anywhere inside window period, it would not show in explorer/anywhere. Problem Solved!!! Now I'm watching a movie off of it #42 Jackie Robinson. GOOD LUCK!!