From: feronni (aanntthhoonnyy@NOSPAMbtopenworld.com)
Subject: Opening a HP Omnibook XE2
This is the only article in this thread
Newsgroups: comp.laptops, comp.sys.laptops, uk.comp.sys.laptops
Date: 2003-01-26 09:07:09 PST

Could anyone please offer some advice on opening up a HP Omnibook XE2
laptop.

........basically how is it done :)

I want to open it up because the connector for the PSU has become
loose and
I want to be able to determine if I am able to repair it myself.
I do not know whether it is connected directly to the motherboard or
not.

My main problem at the moment is trying to get into the laptop.

Any Help/Advice appreciated

tony

Archived from groups: comp.sys.laptops,uk.comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

"rutul" <rutuldave@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Has anybody got any tips on how to open a HP Omniboox XE2 laptop?
> Basically I have removed all the screws (visible and those under the
> battery), but haven't been able to get the thing to open.
>
> I found this post from some time ago. I am having the same problem:
>
> From: feronni (aanntthhoonnyy@NOSPAMbtopenworld.com)
> Subject: Opening a HP Omnibook XE2
> This is the only article in this thread
> Newsgroups: comp.laptops, comp.sys.laptops, uk.comp.sys.laptops
> Date: 2003-01-26 09:07:09 PST
>
> Could anyone please offer some advice on opening up a HP Omnibook XE2
> laptop.
>
> .......basically how is it done :)
>
> I want to open it up because the connector for the PSU has become
> loose and
> I want to be able to determine if I am able to repair it myself.
> I do not know whether it is connected directly to the motherboard or
> not.
>
> My main problem at the moment is trying to get into the laptop.
>
> Any Help/Advice appreciated
>
> tony

Tony-

You need a service manual (I have the HP Pavilion X3xxx series, identical to
the XE2, and opened mine up easily). If you google for something like
"download hp xe2 service manual" you'll find a link, probably for free. Once
you have the manual, it details opening the case step by step. I had the
same problem (AC connector), and I must admit, the area you want to examine
is probably the most "hidden" of any part of the notebook. I think I had to
even remove the motherboard (don't remember for sure though) to see it. In
the end, I had to take mine to a shop for them to solder the AC adapter
receptacle back into one piece. But good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.