Trying to get online with router

SammyBusby

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
I have a computer i just set up and Im trying to get online with a wireless router. its a belkin N router. How do I set the router up to connect to my wireless connection? I have a good wireless connection for my xbox, this laptop and my PS3 but I cant get my PC online with the router. i know there is someway to get into the routers setup but I cant figure out how. I dont have the instructions to it as its a loaner from my uncle. If he was here I could set it up but he works some awful hours and I dont want to bother him with this. Can anyone please help me out here? I have my IP address, Primary and secondary DNS, Default gateway and everything else needed, but I cant get the router to respond. :fou:

Solution

That was probanly the PSP's own address. You need to go from Start to Run (or Windows key and R) and type cmd into the open box and hit Enter. At the Command Prompt, type ipconfig /all (including that space) and hit Enter. The Default Gateway showing in the list is the address you need.[/#000ff]

Open Internet Explorer and enter the Default Gateway into the address bar. That gets you to the router's login form but if your uncle set a password to gain access, you wll need to ask him for it.[/#000ff]

SammyBusby

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010

Hey. Sorry its took me so long to reply to ya. I tried putting in what you said but it wouldnt load to it. I might not be putting in what i need to though. I put in what is called my default router address off my ps3, my subnet mask which is 255.255.255.0 and neither of those worked. is there some way that I could find what i need off this laptop im using?

That was probanly the PSP's own address. You need to go from Start to Run (or Windows key and R) and type cmd into the open box and hit Enter. At the Command Prompt, type ipconfig /all (including that space) and hit Enter. The Default Gateway showing in the list is the address you need.[/#000ff]

Solution

SammyBusby

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010

Thanks. Ill try that real quick and see if that gets me going.

SammyBusby

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
The laptop gave me the same exact number. 192.168.0.1. I enter that into Internet Explorer and all it does is say that the page was invalid. I should mention that it is also the IP address. Does that mean anything? Im guessing that the default gateway is supposed to be different?

SammyBusby

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
Ok i dont really know what i just done but I have internet access now. I input the ip and dns settings manually and it just started working. Thanks for taking the time to help me out with my problem. I really really appreciate it.

Seems like it got itself in a bit of a twist but I'm glad you got it sorted.