Random freeze in bios.

G

For some reason, recently, twice happened already including today. I'd turn on the PC... the blue screen appears (saying my motherboard's name,) you know, the screen before the black bios screen where stuff displays like ram. So it freezes and remains frozen there and I gotta reboot form button.

Overheating is not a problem as it even happens after the pc's turned off a long time.

- E6500 2.93 ghZ Dual core
- I've XP sp3.
- 4gb ram ddr2
- Gt 220 ddr 2

So earlier I kept rebooting and it'd still freeze then as soon as I rebooted, right before the blue screen appeared with the motherboard's name, I pressed fast END / f2 and got in bios, quit and worked. Idk if that helped. Did I got some virus which messes it up? I don't think it's hardware related.

- My motherboard : P5kpl- AM SE. From Asus.

G

Only found one created on 6/5/2011. So it cannot be that. Is there any other way we could find out what the problem might be?

G

Here's more info that could help you, recently as I hit shutdown, it'd say Windows is shutting down (Blue screen behind) and it'd stay there and not shutdown at all, left it like 4 minutes in the end having to use the back power button to shut it down, I could reboot and all that, but I wasn't in the mood to let it reboot then shut down again. That happened like twice, could I have a virus/ software related? I've xp installed since a long time so a lot of stuff i installed etc.

G

Also that happened before the main issue period like few weeks ago.

G

I've turned on the PC not too long ago and this time I could see where'd get stuck so I took a picture with my phone.
0023bb.jpg

Rebooting once from the button, and it worked afterwards. Could it be some hardware piece not well inserted? Could it be the extra fan I've added to blow air towards the GPU and the overall MB?

G

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/834/0023bb.jpg/ there you go.

Btw : my pc has a lot of usb like things on the front, for MS cards or w/e and I used to keep my joystick plugged in the back, along with the webcamera/microphone . Now they're not plugged. But I never got that USb thing before even without those things in.

Also this happened again as I turned the PC on, one reboot fixed it.

Do you mean to say that the boot up process is fast when you do not connect the USB drives?

USB detection do slow down the boot up process. I have noticed it. Even mine slowed down a bit when i connected a crappy external HDD. Advise would be to just connect the bare minimum external drives you need. And others connected when needed.

Also it may mean, that one of the USB drives is going bad!

And check in BIOS if the Quick Boot option is enabled or not.

G

It is enabled, the quick one. Maybe I should disconnect all the front usb slots? That are for MS cards etC? I think i saw inside the PC where they're linked to the motherboard? Maybe disconnect that? I may have to take a pic of it to make sure before.

COuld it be damaged driver?

btw each time I boot windows, I have to open the USB thing on the right side, bottom and disable all of them, as when you introduce in an mp3 device you know? and it says it was detected and opens up like a "driver" for it where you can open it, same happens automagically, i guess bcz of the front slots.

Oh and what I meant is that I've always kept in the joystick / camera and never got that error with the USb thing.