Dual Fermi GPU 430W Beast

http://www.dailytech.com/NVIDIA+Brings+Out+the+Big+Guns++a+Dual+Fermi+GPU+430W+Beast/article18589.htm

I think this is just for marketing no one will ever SLI this thing or will they?
11 answers Last reply
More about dual fermi 430w beast
  1. Sure they will!
  2. And filled with people bashing ATI
  3. Fermi is great if you have the PSU to run it. Where nvidia is lacking at the moment is in the mid range, that is competition with HD5770.
  4. Quote:
    This forum is filled with 90% of ati fanboi's who have no idea how great fermi really is.


    there are a few, but not 90%, then cut it down to the people who actually know what they are talking about and you get 10%/10% (ATI/NV) and the other 80% recommend at a budget with some bias towards one or the other, and the prices are close enough where if someone wants fermi they are really only paying $50 (GTX470) or $100 (GTX480) more for a card around the same level of performance
  5. I like nvidia cards but this latest generation has been a disappointment thus far and will remain with my 9800gt 1gb editions for awhile longer. Got a 8800gtx, two 7900gtx duos.
  6. The 460's could be interesting, not enough to entice my wallet out for an emptying perhaps but interesting nonetheless.
  7. Mousemonkey said:
    The 460's could be interesting, not enough to entice my wallet out for an emptying perhaps but interesting nonetheless.



    Agreed for the 1gb editions but 768mb isn't enough for my needs thanks to gta iv and the heavy forced aa use in other games.
  8. nforce4max said:
    I like nvidia cards but this latest generation has been a disappointment thus far and will remain with my 9800gt 1gb editions for awhile longer. Got a 8800gtx, two 7900gtx duos.


    i'm completely skipping this generation and will likely get a new build when Bulldozer comes out (dual 4870 1GB is fine for me)
  9. nforce4max said:
    Agreed for the 1gb editions but 768mb isn't enough for my needs thanks to gta iv and the heavy forced aa use in other games.

    I'm more interested in seeing if the whole GPU works this time or if bits are still broken, and if it does all work how hot does it get and how much power does it use?

    Anonymous said:
    (dual 4870 1GB is fine for me)


    I should coco, and until some properly DX11 games turn up what's the rush? I too am still getting decent frame rates with acceptable IQ, which does make the waiting easier let's face it. ;)
  10. Galaxy engineers must be contracted to make these prototypes, they came out with a dual gts250 board back in Dec. That also go a lot of people 'upset' lol.
  11. notty22 said:
    Galaxy engineers must be contracted to make these prototypes, they came out with a dual gts250 board back in Dec. That also go a lot of people 'upset' lol.



    I wouldn't be surprised knowing that outsourcing is more and more common when companies try to offset costs by having a third or fourth party when it comes to development.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards GPUs SLI Marketing Graphics Product